Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - Looking forward to January!

• 9115 posts
    January 6, 2022 3:55 AM PST

Tavern Talk - Now that we've released the upcoming events for January, what are you most looking forward to seeing? https://bit.ly/3mZYeAe #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 6, 2022 3:55 AM PST
    • 274 posts
    January 6, 2022 4:48 AM PST

If possible, I want to see the alpha progress report presented as another longform gameplay session. It's been about 4 months since we've seen 'organic' gameplay. Let us see what all the re-implemented classes and NPCs look like in a party together, and hopefully in the HDRP client.

• 247 posts
    January 6, 2022 6:32 AM PST

Once the HDRP is all in with the new networking and the latest combat updates with the current classes all up to date, it would be nice to see:

An organic gameplay 6-man dev stream with additional recordings from the other 5 perspectives.

Additional recordings don't need to be the full length but could be something as simple as editing together each of the 6 perspectives from different classes for a few multi-mob encounters and a boss fight.

• 394 posts
    January 6, 2022 8:27 AM PST

I mean you guys did drop the big A word for the 13ths stream.

That could either be really awesome or really meh though.

• 1289 posts
    January 6, 2022 2:35 PM PST

I'm looking forward to hear about the progress of development :)  the nitty gritty details, specifics! 

• 33 posts
    January 6, 2022 4:52 PM PST

1. On the Dec 9th stream (forging terminus) Chris threw a big reveal that weapon selection matters at all levels including how/what skills you raise. I really want to hear or even see more about that. Especially if it can make your char more unique.

2. Chris also alluded to showing spears in action. Pretty please.

3. Can short spear be wielded in 2 hands like long spears (at least animation wise) if you have no shield? I am asking since Shaman don't have shield listed on their web page.

4. Will weapons scale by the character size? Or maybe alternatively according to the average race size? That way long spears may not be so much longer than the character if she was created higher than average - assuming char creation supports this feature.

5. How persistent is the current pre-alpha? Meaning for how long zones persist or can persist continuously already without reboot ... and with how many players in that zone?

This post was edited by SynSymbio at January 6, 2022 4:55 PM PST
    • 2137 posts
    January 6, 2022 5:39 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

3. Can short spear be wielded in 2 hands like long spears (at least animation wise) if you have no shield? I am asking since Shaman don't have shield listed on their web page.

Every weapon is defined as 1-handed or 2-handed. If you have a short spear, it will always be in one hand. If you have a long spear, it will always be in both hands. Same as the quarter staff and long staff.

A lot of the details about weapon use, and what non-DPS classes will be holding in their offhand, is still un-revealed. Hopefully we'll learn more Soon® LoL.

• 67 posts
    January 6, 2022 5:58 PM PST

December 13th - The Return of the JoppaHawk! - and I guess the progress report too...

Any time I have an opportunity to see Pantheon pushing further towards its goals, it just increases my anticipation and excitment for the game as a whole. 

But really, its the hair i'm most interested in.  (o_O)

This post was edited by ShaggNasty at January 6, 2022 6:01 PM PST
    • 122 posts
    January 6, 2022 9:19 PM PST

I'm looking forward to seeing the HDRP the most.  But a close second is seeing how combat works with the updated combat awareness, that stream last year was probably one of my favorite ones to date.

• 295 posts
    January 6, 2022 9:46 PM PST

While I do absolutely look forward to reading the Newsletter, the Dev Live Streams are always my favorite. Although giving a report on the road to Alpha could showcase anything, my excitement is for the stream itself. I will just go in with hopes of seeing progress like the network stack being completed and hearing some beans. Also, more HDRP footage. Anything else will be icing on the cake.

This post was edited by Dikenzu at January 6, 2022 9:47 PM PST
    • 35 posts
    January 9, 2022 11:52 AM PST

- HDRP part 2 of course

- I'd love to see more about projectiles and throwing weapons if we keep in the same vein as the most recent stream.
    - Would love to know more about what Joppa means when he talks about (paraphrase) weapon skill advancement will do more than increase chance to hit
    - This is maybe getting a little ahead, but I want to know more about how the world interacts with itself.

This post was edited by Manofrohan at January 9, 2022 11:53 AM PST