Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

upgrading pledge

• 33 posts
    December 31, 2021 8:01 PM PST

I tried changing my pledge to the next tier. It asked if I am sure I want to pay the full amount. I proceeded and that full sum also apeared on the paypal site. Is that normal? I was expecting my previous amount to be deducted. What am I missing?

• 1281 posts
    December 31, 2021 9:23 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

I tried changing my pledge to the next tier. It asked if I am sure I want to pay the full amount. I proceeded and that full sum also apeared on the paypal site. Is that normal? I was expecting my previous amount to be deducted. What am I missing?

You have to click Upgrade to upgrade your pledge, not select the next pledge up in the main pledge page.

• 1921 posts
    January 1, 2022 6:25 AM PST

Kalok said:

You have to click Upgrade to upgrade your pledge, not select the next pledge up in the main pledge page.

Doesn't work that way for me, either, at the moment.

If I login, click the bright pink PLEDGE link, then click Upgrade, no matter what I choose, I get charged the full amount on the paypal site.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/ (Bright pink pledge link)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/#section-other (Upgrade link)

For clarity, the previous amount of my previous pledge is NOT deducted from the total of the upgrade price.

Now, unless you meant clicking on "My Pledge" and then "Change Subscription" in which case the outcome is the same result. 
    The site attempts to charge you the full amount, not deducting the previous pledge amount from the total.  For me, clicking on those links, today, Jan 1, 2022, I see no deductions of any kind as a result of the previous payments.  YMMV.

Perhaps there is a third mechanism that potential donators can use to get their previous donation to act as a credit towards their upgrade?

This post was edited by vjek at January 1, 2022 6:26 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    January 1, 2022 7:07 AM PST

vjek said:

Kalok said:

Doesn't work that way for me, either, at the moment.

If I login, click the bright pink PLEDGE link, then click Upgrade, no matter what I choose, I get charged the full amount on the paypal site.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/ (Bright pink pledge link)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/#section-other (Upgrade link)

For clarity, the previous amount of my previous pledge is NOT deducted from the total of the upgrade price.

Now, unless you meant clicking on "My Pledge" and then "Change Subscription" in which case the outcome is the same result. 
    The site attempts to charge you the full amount, not deducting the previous pledge amount from the total.  For me, clicking on those links, today, Jan 1, 2022, I see no deductions of any kind as a result of the previous payments.  YMMV.

Perhaps there is a third mechanism that potential donators can use to get their previous donation to act as a credit towards their upgrade?

Weird.  I just upgraded my pledge on the same day I posted my response and it worked for me.

Nope.  I went to my the Pledge link, then did the upgrade at the bottom of the page under Pledge Upgrades.  It only did the difference for me when I selected the radio button with my existing pledge and what pledge that I wanted to upgrade to.

This post was edited by Kalok at January 1, 2022 7:08 AM PST
    • 395 posts
    January 1, 2022 11:50 AM PST

Kalok is right.

Pledge link ---> Pledge Upgrade ---> Choose your current Pledge level ---> You will be charged the difference between current and upgrade pledge.

• 33 posts
    January 1, 2022 12:10 PM PST

I just followed the above. It did charge me now for just the difference between my prev and new pledge tiers.

But after paying, and confirming it was deducted on PayPal, my pledge tier still shows as the previous/old one.

How long does it take to get updated?

• 9115 posts
    January 1, 2022 1:42 PM PST

OakKnower said:

Kalok is right.

Pledge link ---> Pledge Upgrade ---> Choose your current Pledge level ---> You will be charged the difference between current and upgrade pledge.

That is the correct method to use to upgrade your pledge but if you folks have any issues please submit a support ticket and the team ill be happy to help :)

• 1281 posts
    January 1, 2022 6:27 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

I just followed the above. It did charge me now for just the difference between my prev and new pledge tiers.

But after paying, and confirming it was deducted on PayPal, my pledge tier still shows as the previous/old one.

How long does it take to get updated?

A day or two is all it should take.

• 33 posts
    January 2, 2022 8:49 AM PST

Still not there. Will keep you posted. I must admit that the site and the pledge system are not that user fiendly and can have the opposite effect on people who want to contribute and support this project. Its not great, but I will think twice going through an upgrade process again. Feels like 1999 ;)

When the site or at least this process is revamped I may work my way toward a VIP status overtime. I really want this to succeed.

• 1281 posts
    January 2, 2022 9:01 AM PST

SynSymbio said:

Still not there. Will keep you posted. I must admit that the site and the pledge system are not that user fiendly and can have the opposite effect on people who want to contribute and support this project. Its not great, but I will think twice going through an upgrade process again. Feels like 1999 ;)

When the site or at least this process is revamped I may work my way toward a VIP status overtime. I really want this to succeed.

Interesting.  It has worked for multiple of us the way I described.  You don't, by chance, have scripting blocked via NoScript, ScriptBlock, AdBlock, or one of the other browser addons do you?

• 33 posts
    January 2, 2022 2:46 PM PST

Got an email that a ticket was opened for me, and now indeed the new pledge level is shown correctly.

Thank you to everyone here and ofc the people at VR for helping with this.

• 395 posts
    January 2, 2022 6:21 PM PST

Glad it worked out for you Syn!