Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Weapons scale

• 33 posts
    December 31, 2021 7:44 PM PST

Hi,

I liked the new weapon graphics review a short while ago, and looking forward to the mentioned upcoming new-year conbat enhancemets video!

I wonder if weapons will scale with the race, or there is a possibility that say a tall elf shaman will be on par with the long spear and not so much shorter than it.

Also I wonder if long spears or polearms will be reach weapons and in what way.

Thank you.

• 2419 posts
    January 1, 2022 10:54 AM PST

I can see it now...a gnome rogue trying to wield a long spear.  An object 6x longer than it's own body (and probably would outweigh the little gummy bear too).  It would be standing 3m away trying to backstab, using a Y shaped stick stuck in the ground upon which it would rest the spear. "Pointy bit into corner pocket" I can hear it saying now.

But you do bring up a good point, that of weapon scale but not related to the race wielding it but rather the environment in which the wielder finds themselves.  A narrow dungeon or hallway isn't conducive to effective use of a long spear if you think about it.  If the height/width/diagonal of the hallway is too small, how would you turn it around?  If the corner is too sharp, what do you do?  I guess VR will just make the minimum size of any space wider/taller/longer than the longest polearm we can wield.