Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting QoL ideas

• 258 posts
    November 7, 2021 9:12 AM PST

CRAFTING: Part One (See "Harvesting" Forum Section for Part 2)

I feel it is important to voice out for the people in the other side of the crafting spectrum and what it would mean to our 'QoL' when it comes to 'gathering' (See Part 2 in "Harvesting' forum section) materials for crafting and what keeps people like this engaged and immersed into wanting to keep working with something that is rewarding and accomplishing satisfactory  pleasure in gathering materials and having to catch up on your character(s) progression.

QoL in crafting:

1.- Make crafting options to choose from 1 or 2 choices for a more ideal "QoL' system (whether it's Tailoring and Blacksmithing or Jewelry and Cooking)

2.- A 'No-fail' trivia combine for crafting a desired item (this helps having loads of time spent farming / gathering / harvesting* items needed for crafting and same goes for those particular quest items needed to build, assemble or put together a formidable item or Epic quest).

3.- Availability, abundance and easy access to crafting materials for less grinding experience.

4.- See 1, 2 and 3 suggestions for adaptational purposes to satisfy the people that like to farm a lot and those that rather spend time adventuring in the game.

I feel these are somewhat leaned towards a certain side but I hope I pointed out a somewhat balanced way to have crafting be accessible for all.

This post was edited by BigBadAzz1 at November 7, 2021 9:36 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    November 17, 2021 9:01 AM PST

I think I know what you mean and something close to your idea has been gotten close to as I interpreted it.

What I mean is, what I think you are saying is: for the sake of crafting, keep it somewhat RL intuitive like a sandwich is meat and cheese between 2 pieces of bread. Certaing toppings or sauce of sorts (lettuce, tomato, mustard/mayonnaise/aoli/ hot sauce) can be added.  So in pantheon, you are not a crafter, but you have bread, you have some ogre meat, stands to reason slapping these two together in a drafting station will beget a ogre sandwich- right? same thing with smithing and brewing etc.  Likewise you add some amberfaet moss- a sandwish still but maybe with a little oomph to it, a special somehting- this is what makes crafting fun I think, the discovery and maybe will get non-crafters "the bug".

We all know sandwiches in there general known form are cold, so, taking the above example, bread, meat and cheese and say, tomato sauce, add mayonnaise- imptomptu russian dressing perhaps? yeah? so DONT LOOK AT ME FUNNY FOR SPREADING MAYO ON A SLICE OF COLD PIZZA. Think of it like a triangular sandwich with only one slice of bread. Or mustard instead of mayo. What would the pantheon equivalent be?

• 258 posts
    November 17, 2021 10:06 AM PST

Lmfao, I mean... I prefer a Jack in thd Box hamburger than a sandwich any time of the day, but I'll just settle for a taco lol.

In all seriousness.. I just want the crafting materials to be more accessible than to have to travel travel all over the map looking for them.

/drops mic