Forums » News and Announcements

October Newsletter Is Live!

• 9115 posts
    October 21, 2021 7:04 AM PDT

The team have been working hard on the HD Rendering Pipeline this month and it's looking fantastic! Check it out for yourself among other goodies in this months Newsletter.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/_2021/october/

May be a cartoon of text

• 33 posts
    October 21, 2021 8:37 AM PDT

Great job again on the newsletter! Very informative and I loved the interviews! 

• 94 posts
    October 21, 2021 9:21 AM PDT

Thanks guys! Love to see the progress :)

• 1281 posts
    October 21, 2021 4:22 PM PDT

I appreciate the additional interview with the dev team.

One comment about the server authentication is I hope they are building it so that if the server is lagging, it will still accept the client player position as long as the distance traveled is possible. I absolutely can't stand the rubber banding that happens in some online games. If I move to a new location and the server is lagging, as long as my position was actually possible with the speed I have, it should accept it as the position since no cheating occured. And yes of course if the server detects someone moved like 2x the distance that they should have been able to they need to be flagged for cheating.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 21, 2021 4:23 PM PDT
    • 52 posts
    October 27, 2021 12:49 PM PDT

Great Newsletter, it's nice seeing the road to Alpha, but it also shows us just how much road is left to develop.  That said it's exciting to see the progress, and like so many others I can't wait to play.

This post was edited by Albe at October 27, 2021 12:51 PM PDT