Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

THE MAP details and Chris "Sneaky Pants Joppa" Perkins

• 337 posts
    October 20, 2021 12:29 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/2MKFhPB.gif

If you can, download and zoom in using a photo viewer to sections of the map.

Notice, though, the very top right.  Chris "Sneaky Pants Joppa" Perkins said there had been no changes to THE MAP from release until the recent stream.  Then it is wildly coincidental that a mountain and a shoreline disappear from the east of Thronefast on THE MAP, and one almost identical appears at almost a ninety degree angle north of it.  Now, as much as it appears they may have played with the edges of the continents since most of the "Locked" areas are hand drawn when Sneaky Pants said they hadn't, it does make me wonder whether they used the tools in ProBuilder to grab that shorline and rotate it northward.  If that's the case, that shows the awesome power of the creation tools they have at their disposal.

This post was edited by Benonai at October 21, 2021 6:36 AM PDT
    • 2001 posts
    October 20, 2021 1:16 PM PDT

Maybe it's just my browser, but I can't copy/paste that address. My cursor doesn't 'recognize' it as text. Neither is it a live link for me.

• 252 posts
    October 20, 2021 1:53 PM PDT

right-clicking and choosing open image in new tab worked for me

• 2001 posts
    October 20, 2021 1:59 PM PDT

Ruinar said: right-clicking and choosing open image in new tab worked for me

ROFL. I realize now that it was supposed to show up as an image. My browser didn't load the image, and I assumed it was intended to just be a link.

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks, Ruinar.

• 337 posts
    October 20, 2021 3:33 PM PDT
    Sorry guys tried several ways to get it to show up and it wouldn't.
    • 370 posts
    October 20, 2021 3:55 PM PDT

Manually type out the URL. That worked for me. 

For the lazy.

https://imgur.com/a/2MKFhPB.gif

This post was edited by EppE at October 20, 2021 3:56 PM PDT
    • 252 posts
    October 21, 2021 8:16 AM PDT

On to the topic at hand. I do see what you are pointing out, thank you for animating it. My best guess is that it slipped Chris's mind when he said the map hadn't changed. looks like they tweaked it for future expansions.

This post was edited by Ruinar at October 21, 2021 8:17 AM PDT
    • 1273 posts
    October 21, 2021 8:51 AM PDT

I also can't see what you're referring to, I think it's blocked at work or something, but...

How much of a chance would it have to be to be considered a change of the map?  If you add a point of interest is that a change in the map?  If you change the shape of a mountain, is that a chance?  If you change the shape of a shoreline is that a change?  If you move an entire zone or add a new zone is that a change?  

Wish I could see the image :)  Guess I'll check it out at home and see if it works there.

• 1860 posts
    October 27, 2021 11:25 AM PDT

Are you sure its not just rotated a bit?  It seems like the same map, just not the same viewing angle.  If you rotate the overlay maybe 10 or 15ish degrees right the round circular area on the NE would then fit with the grey, circular area underneath.  Also the water inlet at 11:00-12:00 on the overlay would line up with the underneath water if it was rotated as well...It seems like you are overthinking it?

This post was edited by philo at October 27, 2021 11:27 AM PDT
    • 337 posts
    October 27, 2021 11:44 AM PDT
    I used mountain ridges and peaks in all four quadrants to line up the maps. The overlay is correct. They just changed some stuff. Tbh it makes sense because they need to finish off the edges prior to going live and can't have blank content in the distance where later expansions will be.