Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What was it that convinced you to pull the trigger?

• 318 posts
    September 16, 2021 4:55 AM PDT

Brad McQuaid. Going all of the way back to the initial kickstarter, that's the only thing I needed to see for me to know I wanted to play this game.

This post was edited by Wellspring at September 16, 2021 4:56 AM PDT
    • 690 posts
    October 2, 2021 1:42 AM PDT

I read Brad Mcquaid talking about an ostracized group of mmo gamers who want old style things like challenge and grouping. I knew I was certainly an ostracized mmo gamer because I haven't bothered with mmos or felt interested by them for a very long time. Brad's words sang to me, and if you speak to the hearts of your customers they buy your stuff, even if you may or not actually do what you said.

• 49 posts
    October 9, 2021 2:25 PM PDT

I followed the progress from the kickstarter, but was mostly following EQ Next. When EQ Next failed I migrated fully to Pantheon.

Pantheon was the first and so far only game I have pledged or support prior to launch.

When VR announced the retiredment of the $100 knights pledge, which was the cheapest entry for alpha, I pulled the trigger.

I love the teams dedication to the game, and I continue to look forward to the new streams and bits of new information.

This post was edited by BitCrunzh at October 9, 2021 2:27 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    October 15, 2021 5:29 AM PDT

BitCrunzh said:

I followed the progress from the kickstarter, but was mostly following EQ Next. When EQ Next failed I migrated fully to Pantheon.

Pantheon was the first and so far only game I have pledged or support prior to launch.

When VR announced the retiredment of the $100 knights pledge, which was the cheapest entry for alpha, I pulled the trigger.

I love the teams dedication to the game, and I continue to look forward to the new streams and bits of new information.

First and only for me as well as the last  when Brad said alpha in 2017/18  myself and my wife and brother where all ok 100 thats not bad had the cash thought heck a CE would be 80 anyway. 

I am not sure at this point ill live to see release or even alpha. 

• 21 posts
    October 15, 2021 9:08 AM PDT

Two Words "Brad McQuaid"

• 454 posts
    October 15, 2021 8:48 PM PDT

I found PROTF in 2016, quite by accident.  I saw Brad's name attached and was intrigued.  I pledged in 2017.  I am far more impressed with 2021 Pantheon than what 2013 looked like.  After watching all these past months streams I know this game will succeed.

• 23 posts
    October 24, 2021 8:05 AM PDT

I found myself originally trawling online during 2019 and found hints to the Pantheon in question and went about researching it. Over the course of a few months then, I keep a side eye on the game and eventually noted the progress/vision/style for the game in question.

From a personal lack of experience, I never had the opportunity to play games such as EQ1/2/OA or any similar MMOS, so an older styled MMO has always intrigued me as I wanted to put some solid time into something. Combine this with discussions with older guildies, it eventually became a no brainer.

Initially pledged sometime mid-last year and then eventually upgraded my pledge up for Alpha access, so not only do I love the style/gameplay that they're intending, it'll also be special for the first game that I've ever kickstarted. 

• 432 posts
    October 27, 2021 8:31 AM PDT

There were 2 reasons why I joined already at Kickstarter.

First was Brad McQuaid. We exchanged a few mails during the first years and it was impressive how deep and encompassing his thoughts and analysis about MMO were.

Second was the philosophy which prevailed during the first 2 years - developpers discussing with players. Not just giving informations but involving potential future players. There have been tons of fan art, tons of fan story writing, tons of suggestions and analysis. Without this openess, among others,  Chris Perkins would not have been here. He would just be one of the many fans who posted a link to 2 pieces of his music and this post would have disappeared in the depths of the forums long time ago.

To be honest, today we are 7 years later and both of the above reasons have disappeared. I have lost trust that something interesting will be released in any reasonable time frame. And as I don't think that this team has the experience, competence and vision of Brad McQuaid, I no more feel the interest and enthousiasm that I felt these many years ago. Sure, if it is released one day, I have 2 copies coming with my pledge so I will try out the game all the same. But I am not holding my breath.