Forums » News and Announcements

July 1st Dev Stream!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    June 29, 2021 1:14 PM PDT

Join us Thursday, July 1st for our monthly Development Update. This month the team previews the Monk class, including a showcase of new abilities and animations.

It's all happening 6pm PST @ twitch.tv/visionaryrealms. 

This post was edited by Roenick at June 29, 2021 1:16 PM PDT
    • 392 posts
    June 29, 2021 1:32 PM PDT

Yes my spirit is ready, cant wait.

• 41 posts
    June 29, 2021 3:25 PM PDT

Confucius say: "With great power comes great electric bill"

Can't wait for kung fu action!

• 247 posts
    June 29, 2021 5:45 PM PDT
    Nice and one question for you guys during this stream is mounts being thought of and worked on?
    • 2041 posts
    June 29, 2021 6:19 PM PDT

Very nice. I'll bring the ice cream (too hot for popcorn).

• 122 posts
    June 29, 2021 7:17 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Very nice. I'll bring the ice cream (too hot for popcorn).

lol second that......

looking forward to seeing this version of the monk.

Thanks guys =)

• 326 posts
    June 29, 2021 8:36 PM PDT

was just pondering what the monk will have to offer. groovy.

• 3016 posts
    July 1, 2021 2:56 PM PDT

What a perfect way to spend Canada day..thank you VR. :)

Cana

• 46 posts
    July 2, 2021 11:09 PM PDT

1st of all: I really enjoyed the stream! I always thought I have to play warrior, but monk looks amazing.

As this is the 2nd stream without Ben and in the last stream with him he had a very pale face. Further, in the last producer's letter, Joppa signed with "Creative Director & Producer". I hope Ben is still part of the Team and he is well.

• 2041 posts
    July 3, 2021 1:59 PM PDT

crazysyd102 said: As this is the 2nd stream without Ben and in the last stream with him he had a very pale face. Further, in the last producer's letter, Joppa signed with "Creative Director & Producer". I hope Ben is still part of the Team and he is well.

Well I certainly hope Ben is well also. But as far as 'still on the team', all you have to do is check the "Team" page to see that Ben is still with the team and holding down 4 jobs there.   https://www.pantheonmmo.com/team/

Also, Chris has held all of the following titles for some time, and could use any combination of them that he chooses:

Creative Director, Audio Director, Lead Designer, Creative & Programming Producer.

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2021 5:43 PM PDT

crazysyd102 said:

1st of all: I really enjoyed the stream! I always thought I have to play warrior, but monk looks amazing.

As this is the 2nd stream without Ben and in the last stream with him he had a very pale face. Further, in the last producer's letter, Joppa signed with "Creative Director & Producer". I hope Ben is still part of the Team and he is well.

Ben is alive and well and most certainly still part of the team! We just switched things up for a couple of streams, he'll be back though, you can count on it :)

• 627 posts
    July 4, 2021 12:00 AM PDT
    Great stream!
    • VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    July 4, 2021 4:40 AM PDT
    Yup, still here! Funny story: I bought some film/TV makeup for the streams a few months ago. But with our covid restrictions in my area, I couldn't actually test the shade before I bought it so I just had to wing it. As some of you noticed, once I was under the lights with it, it was far too fair a shade and I looked quite washed out.

In any case! For the past 2 streams I've been doing the stream from behind the scenes. It is easier for me to focus on it when I'm not on camera. I will still pop on for a stream on occasion though.

We will continue to try new formats and tweaks as we go, so let us know what you think!
    • 248 posts
    July 4, 2021 7:17 AM PDT

Thank you for the stream. I really enjoyed it.
    Monk looks very cool. I found the "active" passives very interesting and loved the look of the attacks/spells.

The "Hey...Joppa's cheating!" made me laugh. xD

Again, great stream!

-sorte.

• 94 posts
    July 4, 2021 8:17 AM PDT

Thanks for the stream guys and glad to hear you are doing well Ben!

• 41 posts
    July 4, 2021 3:26 PM PDT

Great stream.  Had plans for an alt monk and that has been cemented with the showcase.  I hope all the upcoming classes have this level of complexity and thought put into them.  Cannot wait for Summoner reveal!!!!

This post was edited by MalFelis at July 4, 2021 3:28 PM PDT
    • 122 posts
    July 6, 2021 9:29 PM PDT

Glad to hear that Ben's doing okay, and what an awesome stream that was!  Really liking the way classes are shaping up.