Forums » General Support

Pledge refund?

• 424 posts
    June 25, 2021 4:34 PM PDT

I saw a long thread about the new lifetime forum thing, upgrading pledges, etc...but nowhere was the question about refunds answered. So let me ask the question directly and succinctly:

Can I request/receive a refund for my pledge? 

I understand that I will lose access to the forums, all my promised rewards will be void, blah blah. Don't care, want my money back. Can I get my money back?

Please respond as succinctly and directly as I asked, thank you in advance.

• 19 posts
    June 25, 2021 6:51 PM PDT

I'd like to know an answer to this as well.

• 1 posts
    June 25, 2021 8:04 PM PDT

Would also like an answer to this.  $250 and nothing for years.  Still pre-alpha.  Come on man.  I understand it takes time, but... by the time it takes this game to hit BETA, the people that originally invested will be 10 years older, the computing power will be 100x stronger, and the game will be irrelevant.  Bait and Scam it sounds like.  Change my mind.

• 1380 posts
    June 26, 2021 10:43 PM PDT

I'm sorry, the succinct answer is no.

The verbose answer is in the 'Terms of Service' from this page: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/terms-of-service/

About ¼ of the way down, in the "Pledges & Subscriptions" section and "Regarding Donations, Pledges, and Subscriptions" immediately following it.

The most salient part being the sentence "VR does not offer refunds under any circumstances including but not limited to cases when it is unable to deliver all of part of a PRotF or a Pledge Package."

I don't work for VR. If you want to hear this from them 'officially' you can click on the 'support' link at the top right of any page in the forums and submit the question. They are pretty quick about getting back to you. Or just wait until one of the Dev's checks this page and replies.

I'm sorry Pantheon didn't turn out as you expected.

• 424 posts
    June 27, 2021 10:24 AM PDT

Jothany said:

I'm sorry, the succinct answer is no.

The verbose answer is in the 'Terms of Service' from this page: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/terms-of-service/

About ¼ of the way down, in the "Pledges & Subscriptions" section and "Regarding Donations, Pledges, and Subscriptions" immediately following it.

The most salient part being the sentence "VR does not offer refunds under any circumstances including but not limited to cases when it is unable to deliver all of part of a PRotF or a Pledge Package."

Indeed. And thanks for pointing it out. They are actually pretty verbose about the whole "giving us money might very well make you a total chump" theory. Serious CYA legalize there. Kinda feel n00b that I missed it.

Jothany said:

I'm sorry Pantheon didn't turn out as you expected.

They aren't the first company to get tons of money for vaporware, and they won't be the last. They're for sure the last company to get any of MY money for vaporware, but my pledge can be considered the cost of learning lessons and gaining wisdom.

This post was edited by Venjenz at June 27, 2021 10:26 AM PDT
    • 1380 posts
    June 27, 2021 2:54 PM PDT

Venjenz said: They aren't the first company to get tons of money for vaporware, and they won't be the last. They're for sure the last company to get any of MY money for vaporware, but my pledge can be considered the cost of learning lessons and gaining wisdom.

There's more than a small amount of evidence that the game exists, is making progress, and has had many people play it that are not working for VR. When the game finally releases in a few years, you'll still be entitled to your already paid-for account. I hope you come give it a try then.

• 424 posts
    June 28, 2021 7:03 PM PDT

Jothany said:

There's more than a small amount of evidence that the game exists, is making progress, and has had many people play it that are not working for VR. When the game finally releases in a few years, you'll still be entitled to your already paid-for account. I hope you come give it a try then.

Oh for sure. My general value proposition for any game is one hour for every dollar spent. So I'll have to give PotRF a pretty serious playthrough to achieve that. And given the timeline for release and my retirement both being around 12 years from now, the timing should be just about perfect.