Forums » Account and Billing Issues

Pledged $100 in 2017, still can't play?

• 92 posts
    May 12, 2021 3:20 PM PDT

Just curious. When will I get to play?

Also, shouldn't my forum ID say "Keeper's Pledge"? Not Supporter?

This post was edited by Dulu at May 12, 2021 3:27 PM PDT
    • 1713 posts
    May 12, 2021 3:57 PM PDT

I would suggest putting in a support ticket for this, as the pledges have changed over time.  You can submit one at https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/support/open.php

• 1921 posts
    May 13, 2021 12:17 AM PDT

The keeper pledge provides beta access.  The game is still in Pre-alpha.  Once pre alpha is complete it will move into alpha.  Once alpha is complete you will have beta access.

• 1180 posts
    May 13, 2021 11:11 AM PDT

Dulu said: Also, shouldn't my forum ID say "Keeper's Pledge"? Not Supporter?

If you mean "User Level: Supporter" on your member info page, it's correct. That info only says the Tier of pledges you are in. Supporter, Champion or VIP. The $100 pledge is in the Supporter tier.

To see your exact pledge, log in and then click on the "My Pledge" link at the top right of any page in the forums.

• 92 posts
    May 19, 2021 9:46 AM PDT

philo said:

The keeper pledge provides beta access.  The game is still in Pre-alpha.  Once pre alpha is complete it will move into alpha.  Once alpha is complete you will have beta access.

It's subjective.

By this stage in development, Everquest 1 was already working on their second expansion.

If you are taking money from people 4 years ago, you should at least have something to show/play.

• 1921 posts
    May 19, 2021 1:29 PM PDT

@Dulu
    What's subjective?  There have been multiple set backs along the way.  Comparing development times to other games doesn't mean anything.  There is still no guarantee we make it to release but we can still be hopeful.  Plenty of people have been waiting longer than you have.  We aren't there yet.  If we do make it to release, we are still years out.  Be patient.

• 1180 posts
    May 19, 2021 2:06 PM PDT

Dulu said:

If you are taking money from people 4 years ago, you should at least have something to show/play.

They have shown plenty. https://www.youtube.com/c/PantheonRiseoftheFallen/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Some number of people who pledged more than I, HAVE been getting to play in pre-Alpha. Around 8000 more of us are expecting to play 'relatively' soon when Alpha opens. Many thousands more, including you, will get to play when Beta opens, just like they promised when you made your pledge.

I agree that waiting is not fun. While there is rarely an alternative when waiting is required, in this case there is.

I gave them money 4 years ago - as you did - which left me also waiting for Beta. Recently I decided to increase my pledge, just so I could get into Alpha when it opens. It wasn't terribly expensive. You are free to do the same. You could even buy into pre-alpha and get to play in the next test sessions in the near future (which WOULD be fairly expensive).

• 9 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:46 AM PDT

Dulu said:

It's subjective.

By this stage in development, Everquest 1 was already working on their second expansion.

Don't forget that Verant had Sony behind them. They were then absorbed and became Sony Online Entertainment. Visionary Realms is its own entity and doesn't have a publisher. I, for one, would be fine with no publisher EVER stepping in if it means VR gets to retain full control.