Forums » The Dire Lord

Dex = crit?

• 246 posts
    March 17, 2021 12:52 AM PDT
    So watching them put gear on and take it off I was watching the dire lord and when he added any gear with dex his crit chance went up. Then with stamina the hit points did I don't know what constitution has but typically constitutions hit points and stamina is fatigue so that seems kind of backwards to me
    • 1079 posts
    May 21, 2021 9:54 PM PDT

That's very observant.  I'm very curious to know which attributes are associated to which skills and if they apply the same to every class (like does dex also apply crit for a wizard's spells or spell haste instead?!).    

• 1179 posts
    May 21, 2021 11:41 PM PDT

Darch said: I'm very curious to know which attributes are associated to which skills and if they apply the same to every class   

We've aleady been told that they will affect different classes differently. The example we've been given was how INT & WIS have reverse associations on DPS Casters as they do on Healers.

I also believe Joppa said that Constitution affected Health & Mana regen, though I don't know what classes that applied to.

It's going to be quite interesting to figure this all out once we get in game :)

• 246 posts
    May 22, 2021 1:04 AM PDT
    Yes certain classes will be affected differently but from what I've noticed all the melee dex equal crit So I think it's going to depend upon whether you're a caster or melee If I remember right I believe they said once that it would increase mana on a wizard but wisdom would increase probability making both important to a wizard. It might be the reverse for a cleric... But on the decks part from watching different videos Dex is equal crit every time
    • 1079 posts
    May 22, 2021 7:14 PM PDT

What I really wonder is what other skills are affected by dex (and other attributes). I.e. If dodge, parry, and riposte increase from DEX too, while maybe STR increased block, parry, riposte (and higher raw dmg instead of crit) that could allow for two of the same class to play (or at least gear) a bit differently (especially when getting near soft caps or diminishing return values). Absolutely one of my interests. Again, good find.

This post was edited by Darch at May 22, 2021 7:15 PM PDT