Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Market Forum

• 68 posts
    March 14, 2021 7:13 AM PDT
    I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, or request I suppose. But... while crafting and harvesting are way for player made products to happen, they are both irrelevant if you cant sale them. I propose the just like Crafting and Harvesting have their own forums, we one next to then named Market.

Anyone who has played EVE knows they have had the greatest player made economy in MMOs. This isnt just my opinion. It's not their crafting or their harvesting thay make so. Theres better of both. But their market system is unmatched. We need to be discussing what that will look like
    • 247 posts
    March 15, 2021 9:44 PM PDT
    I'm pretty sure this will come about once the game is live If not I guarantee someone will make a website just for that
    • 2001 posts
    March 16, 2021 9:56 AM PDT

VR hasn't yet decided on the major parameters of what their Market will look like. And doing so does not appear to be at the top of their priority list at present. (my guess is that after Nephele gets the crafting structure hammered into shape sufficiently to let other Devs start working on the 'sub-units' of it, he may well be the Dev who starts building the Market structure).

Since they can't say what the Market will look like - and haven't yet started working on it - there is not much value for them in starting a forum page for us to argue about it. Particularly since it's another area where players have strong opinions and tend to get into contentious 'debates' about the subject.

We just got official Bard and Necro forums last fall despite them both being officialy planned for years now. VR 'officially' plans at last one PvP server at release, yet we still don't have a PvP forum (which has been asked for), for exactly the reason I gave above. I agree with Raidil, we'll get a Market forum page at some point.  Patience young Padawan :)

• 945 posts
    March 16, 2021 4:24 PM PDT

I would personally like to see VR have as much functionality within the game as possible for things that will absolutely be generated by a 3rd party if not included in the game.  Even if that functionality is just hyperlinked to an external source that "can" be accessed outside of the game... I don't want to be "forced" to use a 3rd party application/site to be competitive with other players or have to scour the internet for sources and obscure forums.

This post was edited by Darch at March 16, 2021 4:26 PM PDT
    • 2001 posts
    March 17, 2021 5:09 PM PDT

Darch said:

I don't want to be "forced" to use a 3rd party application/site to be competitive with other players or have to scour the internet for sources and obscure forums.

I'm sorry man, but I hate to see people fall into this fallacy. If you don't want anyone to "force" you to use a 3rd party site, then refuse to join a guild that demands you do so. Blame them for their demands, rather than VR for not catering to the 'hardest' of the hard core.

(and we both know that this is one of those debates that can go on forever, with no resolution. And is off topic. So whatever your reply, I've said all I'm going to say here)