Forums » The Wizard

I put my hope in Convo!

• 59 posts
    March 12, 2021 7:50 AM PST

Dear Convo.

The Wizard Community is counting on you to make this class really badass.

I remember your words :

Convo said:

Ha. It's time will come. Just know this class is near and dear to my heart. We need to nail it.  This section was really one of the only places I posted prior to joining the team so really just stopping in and saying hi. :-) 

Maybe you can give us some new Infos on Wizard Mechanics and Spell Weaving... please!

• 2010 posts
    March 12, 2021 8:51 AM PST
    Are you sure convo is still on the team?
    • 1452 posts
    March 12, 2021 11:55 AM PST

philo said: Are you sure convo is still on the team?

Oh dear, it appears Convo has joined the list of "Additional Contributors" on the Team page. Was there an official announcement somewhere?

• 325 posts
    March 12, 2021 1:41 PM PST

It seems we get a showcase video as the classes are implemented into the living index system (the current build) like the Shaman and Dire Lord.

If the class is far enough along to be in the stream I wouldn't be suprised to see its video in the near future.

• 2010 posts
    March 12, 2021 1:42 PM PST

There is never an announcement when people leave.  I'm guessing he left around the same time as Jason Weimann and others 2 or 3 years ago.

Hard to say if this has anything to do with the current state of the wizard?  Wizard is one of the first classes we were ever shown.  It should be one of the most fleshed out classes but it doesn't seem that way in streams.

This post was edited by philo at March 12, 2021 2:27 PM PST
    • 1452 posts
    March 12, 2021 3:31 PM PST

philo said:

I'm guessing he left around the same time as Jason Weimann and others 2 or 3 years ago.

It had to be very recently. He was still here in Nov. when they Hired Nephele

and at the end of Dec. when he made this post Crafting Fundamentals

That's a shame, he'll be missed.

• 2010 posts
    March 12, 2021 5:02 PM PST

Jothany said:

philo said:

I'm guessing he left around the same time as Jason Weimann and others 2 or 3 years ago.

It had to be very recently. He was still here in Nov. when they Hired Nephele

and at the end of Dec. when he made this post Crafting Fundamentals

That's a shame, he'll be missed.

Oh if he was here when nephale joined that is much more recent than I was guessing.  That is concerning.

• 1452 posts
    March 12, 2021 5:21 PM PST

I gather that he had been doing whatever amount of Crafting/Harvesting development had been going on before Neph. It's possible he had wrapped up whatever other areas of development that he had come on board for, and was only staying on until VR could hire a dedicated Crafting Dev. So it would be reasonable that Convo would leave a month or so later, after helping Neph get settled in. I'm gonna hope that was the deal, unless I hear differently.