Forums » The Dire Lord

Direlord dps

• 2952 posts
    March 12, 2021 10:42 AM PST

philo said:

The only "support" role is an enchanter...you can just say enchanter.

I'm confident that bard and necro will make release. 

• 1964 posts
    March 12, 2021 1:15 PM PST

That seems misplaced.  Nothing we have ever been shown or told suggests necro will make release.  Hopefully we get to release at all.

But then, back to the original point...you are making a lot of assumptions expecting bard and necro to do everything the rogue did as far as CC +damage +buffing +debuffing.  I dont expect necros to buff others for example.

It's a lot of wishing as far as necro and bard go.

You know what they say: Wish in one hand...

Honestly, at this point, I know we have been told bard is in but if they take development time for extra things like bard we might as well plan on this not happening at all.

This post was edited by philo at March 12, 2021 1:29 PM PST
    • 1104 posts
    March 12, 2021 3:43 PM PST

If you remove "CC" from the Support role, then every class can perform "support" in some fashion by debuffing, buffing, spliting NPCs, etc - so it is safe to say that CC will be the primary "support" provided by the "support role".

If the rogue can stop performing DPS and instead switch to "support", then one would hope that other classes will be able to perform another role (i.e. DPS Direlord/Warrior/Enchanter or "support" Paladin perhaps)

Would be nice - but I don't have any expectations.

• 9209 posts
    March 12, 2021 7:11 PM PST

philo said:

That seems misplaced.  Nothing we have ever been shown or told suggests necro will make release.  Hopefully we get to release at all.

But then, back to the original point...you are making a lot of assumptions expecting bard and necro to do everything the rogue did as far as CC +damage +buffing +debuffing.  I dont expect necros to buff others for example.

Honestly, at this point, I know we have been told bard is in but if they take development time for extra things like bard we might as well plan on this not happening at all.

We're working hard to include Bard and Necro for release. They are both considered Support classes.

Not sure why planning for a class would suddenly end development? We plan for the long road, not the short term, hence why we are still alive and progressing nicely after so long with such a small team.

Have a little bit of faith, my friend.

• 1964 posts
    March 12, 2021 7:57 PM PST

Kilsin said:

philo said:

We're working hard to include Bard and Necro for release. They are both considered Support classes.

Not sure why planning for a class would suddenly end development? We plan for the long road, not the short term, hence why we are still alive and progressing nicely after so long with such a small team.

The only official statement we have had from VR is that Bard will be in on release.  Are you confirming necro will be to?  .../wink :)

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I never said anything about "why planning for a class would suddenly end development".  It is about so much more than 1 class. 

It's about the focus needing to be on what is essential in order to release the game. 

That is at the expense of anything that is non-essential that can be postponed or removed...like mentor and caravan systems etc that have already been pushed back. That is a start.

Imo that could be taken quite a bit further and things like bard and necro...zones...systems etc could be postponed in order to expedite the process... I guess that is all dependant on a publisher anyway so maybe there is time until that happens?...but still the point remains.

This post was edited by philo at March 12, 2021 8:18 PM PST
    • 127 posts
    March 12, 2021 11:06 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Really? I though Necromancer would have been considered as a damage dealer. Interesting!

This post was edited by Khraag at March 12, 2021 11:36 PM PST
    • 1104 posts
    March 13, 2021 5:44 PM PST

Khraag said:

Kilsin said:

Really? I though Necromancer would have been considered as a damage dealer. Interesting!

The devs and this community spoke about this for a long time and it was decided that we will get 3 of each role (DPS, Tank, Support, Heals).  We are all excited to see the necro and bard reveals.

• 127 posts
    March 15, 2021 12:20 AM PDT

Darch said:

The devs and this community spoke about this for a long time and it was decided that we will get 3 of each role (DPS, Tank, Support, Heals).  We are all excited to see the necro and bard reveals.

I don't get your comment, it was mentioned they were both considered support (Necro being more CC than really a support) so if it remains so, we'll have 5 supports and 3 for the other roles. It's fine but surprising to me.

This post was edited by Khraag at March 15, 2021 1:47 AM PDT
    • 1964 posts
    March 15, 2021 2:59 PM PDT

Khraag said:

I don't get your comment, it was mentioned they were both considered support (Necro being more CC than really a support) so if it remains so, we'll have 5 supports and 3 for the other roles. It's fine but surprising to me.

There is only 1 support class currently (enchanter).  Adding bard and necro makes 3 support classes, not 5, and balances the amount of classes for each of the 4 group roles.

• 127 posts
    March 15, 2021 4:51 PM PDT

philo said:

There is only 1 support class currently (enchanter).  Adding bard and necro makes 3 support classes, not 5, and balances the amount of classes for each of the 4 group roles.

Ho ok so then it's the number of DPS that's 5, ... 

• 1104 posts
    March 15, 2021 8:14 PM PDT

Khraag said:

philo said:

Ho ok so then it's the number of DPS that's 5, ... 

2 Melee DPS, 2 Ranged DPS, and Ranger is melee/ranged DPS

• 315 posts
    March 15, 2021 9:35 PM PDT
    My only concern is outside of being the main tank there's going to be no need for a warrior paladin or direlord. As a secondary in group. At least I think that the direlord may have a minor advantage and DPS or regular two tanks but they have advantages over the dire lord. With a dire lord being a dual wielding battle had give us a small advantage in DPS. The warriors definitely going to have the primary tank roll with probably a group based taunt. And then you have the paladin with the secondary tank roll with minor heals. It seems like and I don't mind that we'll have the third primary tank roll with minor extra DPS. And I don't mind this as a lineup. The only bother I have is it seems like any need for an off tank being a real tank from the last stream is null and void too many other classes have the ability to hold down an extra ad on a pull or multiple mobs.