Forums » The Archai

Elemental Attunement

• 3 posts
    February 26, 2021 12:22 PM PST

I am curious to whether or not the Archai Elemental Attunement would have any effect on weapon procs? For example would the Fire Attunement give a bonus to a fire based proc on a sword while playing an Archai Warrior which is my desired Race/Class atm. Also if at all, how would/could the Elemental Attunment benefit the Warrior Class.  

• 2915 posts
    February 26, 2021 1:20 PM PST

Unknown at this time. I imagine a warrior won't get much if anything from that particular passive. 

• 227 posts
    March 11, 2021 8:54 AM PST

Hard to say at this time, the race page only says "elemental based abilities" if the weapon procs get coded to see your % bonuses in your stats then they could but most of the time those procs are pretty static.

• 1241 posts
    March 11, 2021 2:42 PM PST

Anything is possible, but personally I wouldn't expect an Archai's fire attunement to affect the proc on HIS sword. Now if a Boss has a Fire proc on his sword, and hits an Archai tank who has Fire attunement, I'd expect the tank to take less damage from the proc than if he was attuned to Earth (for example), and to take MORE damage if he was attuned to Water.

• 1090 posts
    March 25, 2021 7:04 PM PDT

What Jothany said.  

This goes along the lines of my opinion of some of the races having very limited racial passives because they are basically designed to benefit few (or one) class(es).  The Archai (in my opinion) is one of them.. the Dark Myr and Halfling (having passives only applicable to rogues really) being the other two.  The Archai's elemental attunement passive is very restrictive IMO - even as a wizard or shaman, it will only benefit limited  spells/abilties (likely nothing for Warrior, Monk, and only a single element for wiz, druid or shaman which will likely be fire for wizards (so all archai wizards will look the same) and water for DRU/SHM) .  But the Archai will definitely be very cool looking - I think similar to the Barbarian in EQ.

We don't know what the racial active abilities are yet though either.

• 34 posts
    March 28, 2021 6:20 AM PDT

M1an0 said:

I am curious to whether or not the Archai Elemental Attunement would have any effect on weapon procs? For example would the Fire Attunement give a bonus to a fire based proc on a sword while playing an Archai Warrior which is my desired Race/Class atm. Also if at all, how would/could the Elemental Attunment benefit the Warrior Class.  

I think this is a potentially great idea. Harnesing a weapon's element could be neat if it is shared with the Archai's attunement. If we were to go with this idea, I would hope that weapons with the opposite element might suffer somewhat.

• 458 posts
    July 14, 2021 2:50 PM PDT
    Its an interesting idea, but if it's not very carefully balanced, it will end up making attunement choices grossly uneven, with most picking the best one.
    This would make attunement mostly about buff shopping.