Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Wolfheart FPS

• 2 posts
    February 12, 2021 4:54 AM PST

I subscribe to Wolfheart FPS Youtube channel, as he does a nice mix of RPG games. His latest video is on pantheon. Well worth a watch and positive towards pantheon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLDMi2DMkM

• 1281 posts
    February 12, 2021 5:32 AM PST

Over-all it's a decent video.  He DOES fail to mention that Cohh has been doing gameplay all along.

He seems to be missing some pieces though.  For instance, no pun intended, he doesn't mention the lack of instancing at all.

This post was edited by Kalok at February 12, 2021 5:34 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    February 12, 2021 7:48 AM PST

Whether a dungeon is instanced or not is not exceptionally relevant at this stage of development. Few of us want many instances in the game but there is significant sentiment for having at least a few where unusual circumstances call for it. The odds are this will not happen but until alpha, or perhaps beta, it is too early to be sure. One core principle VR has correctly expressed is that having a playable game that is fun to play is a higher priority than conformity to preset opinions on game design. Thus, results of pre-alpha testing and alpha testing (beta is probably too late for significant changes in design unless there is a compelling need) may yet change VR's outlook. 

I hasten to add that I am not referring to basic objectives like having the game group-centered, having a world that feels large, having progress slow and encounters challenging. and the like. But rather current thoughts on design *details* that relate to how to achieve these objectives.

This post was edited by dorotea at February 12, 2021 7:49 AM PST
    • 2144 posts
    February 12, 2021 10:05 AM PST

I thought that was a very good intro to Pantheon for his followers. No one could cover every interesting aspect of a game in 15 minutes, but he did focus on how Pantheon is aiming to be "something completely different" from current games. He made a good presentation. While his Twitch page has very few followers, his Youtube channel has 40K.

VR should invite him to stream (when they start doing more streams again).

• 768 posts
    February 12, 2021 10:55 AM PST

I enjoyed his video and look forward to other videos he produces about Pantheon. 

With 40+k of an audience on youtube he can really boost the awareness of the game. It's not the 200+k of Coh, but every bit helps.