Forums » The Enchanter

Illusions vs Enchantments

• 2 posts
    February 8, 2021 10:34 AM PST

I can see that the class is focused on various mind-altering spells, but it is unclear to me what in-world mechanics provide the PC with these abilities and how they function. Some skills appear to work very differently from others. E.g. some abilities are illusions that alter a character's behavior, while others provide a physical benefit not relating to character disposition or gullibility.

So what I'm curious about it is:

What is the origin of their magic?
    Are Illusions and Enchantments from the same "school" of magic or are they completely separate skills the Enchanter masters?
    If they are separate, will players be able to expand those aspects of the class equally?
    Are there any other player abilities planned that will operate similar to Runeskin?

Thank you in advance for your time :)

This post was edited by Meroku at February 9, 2021 11:50 PM PST
    • 59 posts
    February 8, 2021 12:55 PM PST

Enchanters will play the role of Crowd Control in groups. Pantheon isn't based off of the holy trinity (Tank, Heals, DPS) they are going for the Quaternity (Tank, Heals, DPS, Crowd Control). So your role as an Enchanter will be to Mesmerize extra enimies and perform other crowd control abilities like slows and roots all while supporting your group with buffs. Enchanters will play a big role in lots of different combat scenarios. There is also something called the Mastery System, which allows you to put mastery points into your spells and abilities which can alter what those spells and abilities do depending on how many mastery points you put into each ability or spell. So you can expect spells and abilities to be expanded on beyond their initial states. You will also have damage dealing spells as an enchanter so expect to be able to deal some damage in combat as well.

• 2 posts
    February 8, 2021 1:44 PM PST

Thanks for the response, WalkingWaste! The role and design of Pantheon's class system makes sense to me :) Clarified my questions and curiosities in the original post.

This post was edited by Meroku at February 9, 2021 11:51 PM PST
    • 33 posts
    April 7, 2021 1:59 AM PDT

hi i liked chanty in EQ1 before SOE killed it i means self illusion and after group illusion as real spell not only a graphic content like late EQ1 

i had a good souvenir when i could transform myself or other to a bag and be safe with some mobs