Forums » The Ranger

Ranger: Tracking

• 202 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:42 PM PST

Ranger tracking.

The ranger is a versatile and compelling role to play, but it can always be a bit better.
    Tracking by pushing a button to activate a skill is okay and all, though I feel it can improve with a simple mechanic/action.
    A small brown item on the ground. Yes, poop.
    The ranger could use scat as a tracking item. Like perception the ranger can click on the poop and get a heading toward some prey or quarry.
    It could even be a little animation.
    ' the ranger bends and scoops a bit in his hand, rolling between finger and thumb before proclaiming the creature is THAT way, not 2 parsecs away... ' then wipe it off on well worn trousers, in a suitable fashion.

Now I understand that others will need to have some similar skill or grumblings could occur, and I thought of that dear friend, I thought of it..
    The druids could also use the scat.
    But their animation, to be consistent with that character, should grab the poop, sniff it, and maybe dab a bit on their tongue. They are more attuned with nature after all.

I'm a friggin genius... Huh?

• 954 posts
    January 28, 2021 6:12 PM PST

StoneFish said: I'm a friggin genius... Huh?

I'm surprised they haven't hired you yet.

**inches slowly toward the door**

• 1708 posts
    January 29, 2021 7:25 AM PST

StoneFish said:

Then he could never track gnomes.

• 202 posts
    January 29, 2021 8:11 AM PST

kelenin said:

StoneFish said:

Then he could never track gnomes.

Wait?  Gnomes do not poop?  That is new information....  Or is it that Gnomes are like rabbits?  They eat the... contribution, to further utilize the nutritional value they missed upon the first pass, owing to a sub optimum digestive tract?

I must know...

Do Gnomes chow down on nuggets of fanny fruit????

• 986 posts
    March 2, 2021 5:42 PM PST

@StoneFish - Gnomes are incorporeal

• 202 posts
    March 2, 2021 7:01 PM PST
    So they scat what? Quarks? And what flavor, charmed,? Strange.. that's it. Gnomes contribution= Strange Quarks.
    Got it...
    • 130 posts
    March 2, 2021 7:41 PM PST

I assumed rainbows came out of them.