Forums » The Archai

Archai Hairstyles

• 22 posts
    January 28, 2021 10:35 AM PST

Hey all, Archai monk main here! Just wondering what kind of hairstyles you guys want to see for the Archai specifically either at launch or sometime after. I personally would love to see the "sunburst" bun similar to the one from Final Fantasy XIV for both males and females, I think it would be perfect for monks, warriors and even wizards:

What about you?

• 1781 posts
    January 28, 2021 1:48 PM PST

I don't think achai have hair?  I'm sure there will be different skin tones and textures but...I don't believe we have ever seen an archai with hair have we? 

Edit: in the concept art the female archai does have hair but not the male.  Maybe its only females with hair?

This post was edited by philo at January 28, 2021 2:44 PM PST
    • 22 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:24 PM PST

philo said:

I don't think achai have hair?  I'm sure there will be different skin tones and textures but...I don't believe we have ever seen an archai with hair have we? 

Edit: in the concept art the female archai does have hair but not the male.  Maybe its only females with hair?

The original male Archai model that they used in previous streams has hair (long and white) so I'd imagine they do have hair, don't think it was ever in their lore that they don't have hair

• 954 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:25 PM PST

I have no memory of having seen Archai hair in any stream.

Edit: So there will likely be a variety of choices. While I will certainly choose whatever I think is attractive for my Archai, I almost never toggle my helmet off in games where that is possible, so it's not as important to me as it is to others.

This post was edited by Jothany at January 28, 2021 4:28 PM PST
    • 130 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:30 PM PST

drewber is correct the original placeholder model had long hair, I would be happy with anything that looked good for a monk like the cliche kung fu braid.

This post was edited by Gintoki88 at January 28, 2021 4:30 PM PST
    • 22 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:30 PM PST

Jothany said:

I have no memory of having seen Archai hair in any stream.

Edit: So there will likely be a variety of choices. While I will certainly choose whatever I think is attractive for my Archai, I almost never toggle my helmet off in games where that is possible, so it's not as important to me as it is to others.

Its in the pre-alpha 3 stream featuring the dire lord. Kilsin is playing a male Archai and he has hair lol

• 954 posts
    January 28, 2021 4:33 PM PST

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.