Forums » The Summoner

Why are the ARCHAI not a race for summoner?

• 23 posts
    January 27, 2021 9:42 PM PST

To me the Archai, seem like they would be a very good fit for this class. I know you do not want all races to be all things, but I am kinda cerious as to why this race is not part of this class.

• 295 posts
    January 28, 2021 8:49 AM PST

At first the thought was that the Archai being former slaves wouldnt want to enslave other beings.

Though at one point it was mentioned that the class matrix was getting expanded and Archai Summoner was a likely add.

• 99 posts
    February 20, 2021 7:50 AM PST

Mujinn said:

To me the Archai, seem like they would be a very good fit for this class. I know you do not want all races to be all things, but I am kinda cerious as to why this race is not part of this class.

Is it because of the elemental affinity Archai have as a race ?

• 23 posts
    March 5, 2021 6:28 AM PST

Adonhiram said:

Mujinn said:

Is it because of the elemental affinity Archai have as a race ?

Yes very much so. I could see their pets getting a slight buff from an archai because of this affinity.

• 1964 posts
    March 5, 2021 2:47 PM PST

I expected this to be a much older thread. Joppa confirmed in a recent stream (in the last year or 2) that archai summoner will be added. 

Like gintoki mentioned, he explained their thought process on why summoner was excluded from archai originally but they have reassessed that view point.

This post was edited by philo at March 5, 2021 2:49 PM PST
    • 23 posts
    March 5, 2021 4:29 PM PST

there very well could have been an older topic on this but I did not see it so thought I would ask. I probably missed the stream talking about this reassement. Thanks for the info. I hope other reassements are forth coming as well some classes seem a bit too exclusive on races. I understand not wanting to make some class/race combos based on lore and others based on being a bit too powerful if they opened up certain races to certain classes, but I also believe in more choice makes for a more diverse community.

This post was edited by Mujinn at March 5, 2021 4:30 PM PST
    • 99 posts
    March 6, 2021 1:06 AM PST

Yes, thanks for the info and it is nice to know Archai will probably be available as race for the Summoner class.

For myself I will however pick human and give my character black skin, it's my Erudite nostalgia...