Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

scalable and movable UI

• 226 posts
    January 18, 2021 5:53 PM PST

I recently watched the latest stream from Cohh. My take away was about the size of the hot bars and icons. I know there is a great debate on how many hot bars should be allowed, so I won't get into that now. I just don't like the size. They are so big, colorful and bright that, to me, they are distracting. It seemed to distract from the immersion of gameplay. I hope the hot bars can be scaled down in size. I also hope they can be moved. The ability to scale and customize the UI is very important to me.

This post was edited by Sweety at January 18, 2021 7:38 PM PST
    • 2036 posts
    January 18, 2021 9:54 PM PST

Sweety said:

I hope the hot bars can be scaled down in size. I also hope they can be moved. The ability to scale and customize the UI is very important to me.

VR has said repeatedly, from the dark ages to the modern times, that every element of the UI is going to be moveable and scalable. I think it's a pretty sure bet.

• 97 posts
    January 18, 2021 10:49 PM PST

As long as VR doesn't allow too much flexibility of UI modding, in the sense of what ESO did. :puke:

• 724 posts
    January 19, 2021 8:13 AM PST
    When the titanic was sinking some people here would have complained about the band being a little sharp.
    • 226 posts
    January 19, 2021 11:15 AM PST

Jothany said:

Sweety said:

I hope the hot bars can be scaled down in size. I also hope they can be moved. The ability to scale and customize the UI is very important to me.

VR has said repeatedly, from the dark ages to the modern times, that every element of the UI is going to be moveable and scalable. I think it's a pretty sure bet.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. 

• 226 posts
    January 19, 2021 11:17 AM PST

StoneFish said: When the titanic was sinking some people here would have complained about the band being a little sharp.

So in your mind, VR is a sinking ship? 

• 2036 posts
    January 19, 2021 11:25 AM PST

Jiub said: As long as VR doesn't allow too much flexibility of UI modding, in the sense of what ESO did. :puke:

VR's comments have generally empasized allowing 'skins' to change the appearance of a UI, but not allowing any changes to functionality that affect gameplay or abilities. Macros that perform multiple abilities at once are one example they have given.

Not having played ESO I don't know what that reference entails.

• 2036 posts
    January 19, 2021 11:33 AM PST

Sweety said:

StoneFish said: When the titanic was sinking some people here would have complained about the band being a little sharp.

That WAS funny :D

Any chance you're thinking of playing a Ranger?

• 2419 posts
    January 19, 2021 11:47 AM PST

Sweety said:

I recently watched the latest stream from Cohh. My take away was about the size of the hot bars and icons. I know there is a great debate on how many hot bars should be allowed, so I won't get into that now. I just don't like the size. They are so big, colorful and bright that, to me, they are distracting. It seemed to distract from the immersion of gameplay. I hope the hot bars can be scaled down in size. I also hope they can be moved. The ability to scale and customize the UI is very important to me.

When VR eventually gets around to making a UI and stop using this abomination from Unity, I'd expect to have full control of where I place UI elements.

• 226 posts
    January 19, 2021 1:05 PM PST

Jothany said:

Sweety said:

That WAS funny :D

Any chance you're thinking of playing a Ranger?

If so, this would never happen!

• 1281 posts
    January 19, 2021 1:19 PM PST

Sweety said:

No...  His point is that people are always finding something to complain about.

This post was edited by Kalok at January 19, 2021 1:19 PM PST
    • 226 posts
    January 19, 2021 1:36 PM PST

Kalok said:

Sweety said:

No...  His point is that people are always finding something to complain about.

Yes, I know. It was a joke :-) 

• 2036 posts
    January 19, 2021 2:16 PM PST

Sweety said: Yes, I know. It was a joke :-)

There are some fun-loving Rangers hoping to group up in Alpha/Beta. Humor will be a necessity :)

If it sounds interesting, I hope we'll see ya there.

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/12191/ranger-gang-party

• 97 posts
    January 19, 2021 2:56 PM PST

Jothany said:

Jiub said: As long as VR doesn't allow too much flexibility of UI modding, in the sense of what ESO did. :puke:

VR's comments have generally empasized allowing 'skins' to change the appearance of a UI, but not allowing any changes to functionality that affect gameplay or abilities. Macros that perform multiple abilities at once are one example they have given.

Not having played ESO I don't know what that reference entails.

ESO's default-native UI was bare minimum and quite terrible.

Due to ESO allowing players extensive LUA scripting with a limited public API available to players; It led to quite a variety in types of UI mods that were more informative and looked better than then default-native UI. This sounds neat in theory, but led to lack of standardization and you were at a disadvantage compared to other players who were using their UI mods

The lack of standardization means you could not really consult other players on what UI questions, or how to properly set one up because everyone's was different. In fact, I had to consult various YouTube channels of players 'swearing' on this UI over that UI.

• 724 posts
    January 19, 2021 7:44 PM PST

Haha! Fantastic retort Sweety. Sign them up for muddy trails, and maddening tails, join us upon the broken path of the Ranger. No rules. You can shoot at whatever you want, I'll either stand at your shoulder or run like hell, but I want to be there when you do it.

This post was edited by StoneFish at January 19, 2021 7:45 PM PST
    • 724 posts
    January 19, 2021 7:52 PM PST

Jiub said:

The lack of standardization means you could not really consult other players on what UI questions, or how to properly set one up because everyone's was different. In fact, I had to consult various YouTube channels of players 'swearing' on this UI over that UI.

Good point