Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

On clickables?

• 2 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:04 AM PST

One thing that really drove me nuts in Everquest during raids and in general game play was the need (primarily guild insistance) that we try to maximize our DPS output through the use of clickable-chains.  As a Necro, it was click vest, click arms, click legs, cast spell, click necklace, cast spell, use AA, click vest again, click spell ect..

The game, and raids in general, became less about enjoying the experience and having fun and became nothing but "who can write the best class macro class set."

Does Pantheon envision going this route or will, for the most part, skills trigger passively, or, if a click is needed, provide a buff that lasts longer than a typical encounter so the need to watch a stopwatch to click an item goes away?

• 1281 posts
    January 10, 2021 12:13 PM PST

Sugusto said:

One thing that really drove me nuts in Everquest during raids and in general game play was the need (primarily guild insistance) that we try to maximize our DPS output through the use of clickable-chains.  As a Necro, it was click vest, click arms, click legs, cast spell, click necklace, cast spell, use AA, click vest again, click spell ect..

The game, and raids in general, became less about enjoying the experience and having fun and became nothing but "who can write the best class macro class set."

Does Pantheon envision going this route or will, for the most part, skills trigger passively, or, if a click is needed, provide a buff that lasts longer than a typical encounter so the need to watch a stopwatch to click an item goes away?

They haven't talked a lot about item 'clickies' other than to say they will have them in some form. I do think the game as it stands now is 'too clicky' regarding abilities but it's the decsion they made for the game so we either get use to it or move on to something else. You demonstrated really why I am against ability sets like this.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at January 10, 2021 12:14 PM PST
    • 1480 posts
    January 10, 2021 2:28 PM PST

I'm in for clickies but for utilitaries, like Jboots, or to counter mass dispelling bosses. But not to replace abilities in rotation or to cut recovery times after casts and such like it ended beeing used in EQ.

• 334 posts
    January 12, 2021 10:23 AM PST

Clickies are much better when they're rare and niche. Not when they're so common that rotations start incorporating them like we've seen in past games.