January 9, 2021 8:25 AM PST

Very interesting, superb music too!

• 500 posts
    January 9, 2021 9:20 AM PST

Excellent music. Very well done!

• 1860 posts
    January 9, 2021 10:54 AM PST

That sounds good Nekentros.

One thing Pantheon has done well is the music. CP really knocked it out of the park with the main theme song imo. (The one with the violin/fiddle )

There have been times I put it on a loop and listened to it for hours.  Its very well done.

• 15 posts
    January 9, 2021 11:38 AM PST

philo said:

One thing Pantheon has done well is the music. CP really knocked it out of the park with the main theme song imo. (The one with the violin/fiddle )

There have been times I put it on a loop and listened to it for hours.  Its very well done.

Could you link that please? I tried googling it, but there are a lot of options. Thank you!

• 1860 posts
    January 9, 2021 4:17 PM PST

Smurgle said:

philo said:

Could you link that please? I tried googling it, but there are a lot of options. Thank you!

This is the one I was calling the "main theme song".

It's titled: Terminus.

https://m.soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf/protf-terminus?in=%2Fmathieu-mahy%2Fsets%2Fpantheon

• 1281 posts
    January 9, 2021 6:42 PM PST

Nekentros said:

https://audiu.net/users/jay-barbeau

"I am working on the music for a new video game."

No one knows what's going on with Jay. Apparently VR and he have had conversations in the past and Jay came out and said he was working on Pantheon on his Soundcloud, then he took it down. They have not addressed audio other than to say they will eventually hire someone to handle it rather than use in house talent (like Joppa who has done some audio work). I don't think he's secretly working on it because they've never been shy about listing who's working on the project in the past - why start now?

I do think they will eventually hire Jay to do the music. However, release of the game is still a long ways off it probably isn't worth it to invest the kind of money to hire him right now. When the game gets closer to alpha/beta they will probably hire him, but that's just total speculation on my part. I hope it comes true.

I check JB's Soundcloud about once a week for updates over the past couple years and there hasn't been any. I emailed him and asked him to put some of his old songs back up (D-Minor Adventure FTW) that he had posted before and he said he would, but didn't. So I don't know what's up. Maybe they are PROTF tunes -who knows.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at January 9, 2021 6:48 PM PST
    • 220 posts
    January 9, 2021 7:04 PM PST

philo said:

Every time I hear the main theme song you are referring to, I always get this sort of discordant feeling.

The song is good, don't get me wrong, it's just that it feels sort of mismatched in terms of representing all of the races of Terminus. 

I think that is because it has a sort of far east vibe to it. 

When I look at the different races of Terminus, the Archai feel the most eastern looking to me, probably because of their clothing and posture. 

If VR ends up using this song, I think it would probably feel more appropriate attached to the Archai and their home city rather than Pantheon as a whole.

This post was edited by Nekentros at January 12, 2021 5:25 PM PST