Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - What's something you will do differently

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2021 3:32 AM PST

Tavern Talk - What's something you will do differently in gaming in 2021 and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 146 posts
    January 4, 2021 4:34 AM PST
    I'll game in 2021
    • 146 posts
    January 4, 2021 4:35 AM PST
    Why because it's that year
    • 413 posts
    January 4, 2021 4:51 AM PST

Maybe play Pantheon this year. 

• 3852 posts
    January 4, 2021 7:33 AM PST

Gods willing actually test, if not play, Pantheon.

• 70 posts
    January 4, 2021 8:24 AM PST

I will definitely stop cycling between WoW and EQ servers to play since the death of vanguard over 6 years ago. 

Probably anyhow...

• 768 posts
    January 4, 2021 9:38 AM PST

I really want to read up on the various stories the games are offering. To really get a feel for what kind of lore they will be presenting when their games launch.

Other than decorating, I'm not doing much in current mmorpg's.

• 2419 posts
    January 4, 2021 11:32 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Tavern Talk - What's something you will do differently in gaming in 2021 and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Never buy into a crowd funded game or an early access game ever again.  Better to keep my money in my wallet.  I'll buy your game when it hits the shelves.

• 51 posts
    January 4, 2021 12:05 PM PST

I have moved back to basic/traditional IGOUGO wargames. I was playing MMO Naval Action. I did Naval Action as a distraction until Pantheon came out. Now, because of the uncertainty surrounding the game timeline, the length of PA sprints, etc. I am getting back into some war games that have a long learning curve to play against other live opponents.

This post was edited by Skelos at January 4, 2021 1:57 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 4, 2021 1:36 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

Never buy into a crowd funded game or an early access game ever again.  Better to keep my money in my wallet.  I'll buy your game when it hits the shelves.

Crowdfunding is tricky, without it, we wouldn't be here talking...but the fact that you're here means you've already bought our game mate, all pledges get a copy.

• 394 posts
    January 4, 2021 1:58 PM PST

More single player games, competitive multiplayer games have become so trashy.

• 261 posts
    January 4, 2021 2:00 PM PST

Hoping to get back into MMORPG's and test/play Pantneon. Been nothing to play for me for 6+ years. Time spent at the computer is mostly work these days.

• 1860 posts
    January 4, 2021 2:23 PM PST

I dont expect to play any games in 2021.

• 2419 posts
    January 4, 2021 3:14 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

Crowdfunding is tricky, without it, we wouldn't be here talking...but the fact that you're here means you've already bought our game mate, all pledges get a copy.

Oh, I get a copy, sure.  But you haven't convinced me to actually pay for a subscription and that is where the real money is found.  So what if your game gets funded if too few people are willing to pay to play it.

This post was edited by Vandraad at January 4, 2021 3:16 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    January 4, 2021 3:24 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Nothing...  I haven't been gaming at all since there's nothing worth playing.  I've been building my own MMO instead.  Since that will never be finished (maybe never even a playable mockup) I have plenty still to do this year (and the next 50-100 years).  More than happy to set that aside and start testing PRotF in Alpha if it gets there sometime this year though.

• 261 posts
    January 4, 2021 10:57 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Oh, I get a copy, sure.  But you haven't convinced me to actually pay for a subscription and that is where the real money is found.  So what if your game gets funded if too few people are willing to pay to play it.

Seems to be plenty of people here who like where it is going, they will never satify everyone, it is impossible, if your not one of those, then so be it.

You won't be the only one, but there hopefully will be plenty of people out there who do like it.

I guess next time don't pay in advance, wait until it is released. It is always a risk with any game, and there will always be someone who doesn't like it.

• 902 posts
    January 5, 2021 2:44 AM PST

Oh man! Everyone who bought into the game knew the risks, but still the same old gripes from the same old people. Yes, everyone has a right to an opinion, but to reiterate it over and over and over. Shees.

I for one will try to be more forgiving, understanding, open minded and inclusive in future - (after this post) :-)

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 5, 2021 2:44 AM PST
    • 14 posts
    January 5, 2021 10:19 AM PST

I am actually playing Escape From Tarkov...first time I have ever played what is considered an FPS.  I am horrible at the game and it raises my blood pressure and scares the death out of me.  Tried Rust...logged in naked on a beach and got killed twice by people with guns and uninstalled the game.  I will patiently wait for Pantheon so I can log into a game and relax and have some fun.

• 114 posts
    January 5, 2021 11:12 AM PST

wear clothes while gaming

• 287 posts
    January 5, 2021 11:46 AM PST

valhalla said:

But... why?

• 394 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:41 PM PST

Akilae said:

valhalla said:

But... why?

My wife says the same thing, I dont understand either.