Forums » Website Support

Why does the forum vary how it reports dates?

• 1187 posts
    December 28, 2020 11:52 AM PST

Usually when I visit the forum index, in the section where it reports the date of the last post on a particular board, the forums lists the date of that most recent post using 3 systems. Either it says the post was "X hours ago" for today's posts, or it says "Thurs" or whatever day it was posted if it's from the past week, or else just gives a date for posts further in the past.

But on some occasions, like today, the forum drops the middle convention and just uses 'hours ago' or dates. Right now, several posts from yesterday are the most recent in their respective boards, and every one is referenced by "Dec 27". Which is certainly accurate, but most times they would just say "Sunday".

I don't mess with my settings, so I can't figure out what conditions cause the behavior to change. I'd prefer to stick with just showing dates & 'hours ago' and leave out the day names if there is a setting I don't know about to do that.

• 625 posts
    December 30, 2020 9:27 PM PST

I wish they would just finally update to new forums instead of just a reskin of the old forums. These forums are still missing very basic functions like 'Mark all Read' and such.