Forums » General Support

Where are we in development?

• 90 posts
    December 21, 2020 1:05 PM PST

I'm a knight's Pledge been waiting for a decent amount of time. Just came back and don't see any readily avaible info on the current state of development. So I'm just wondering where we are at and if we have an ETA on Alpha?

• 374 posts
    December 21, 2020 4:42 PM PST

It is currenty in Pre Alpha 5. They have not given details on time line of when it will shift to Alpha or Beta.

There was a recent video made by BazgrimTV that just came out a few days ago that covers topics that shed some light on what the players know about the Schedule. It is not much.

https://youtu.be/wRhQPo1Dhzw

• 1921 posts
    December 21, 2020 5:18 PM PST

At this point anyone who gives you a time estimate is just being hopeful. People have guessed alpha/beta might come in the next year or 2 for 6 years straight now.

Any estimates are looking through rose colored glasses. Based on past history, its not coming anytime soon. Temper your expectations.

This post was edited by philo at December 21, 2020 5:20 PM PST
    • 374 posts
    December 21, 2020 6:40 PM PST

I might note that while never or a long time is for sure posible I feel the video dose a better job of laying out the information we as players have access too and lets you pick your level of optimizm.

• 1180 posts
    December 21, 2020 8:51 PM PST

There are also the Nov and Oct Producer's Newsletters, which are accessible by the "News" link at the top of the page.

(just in case you missed them)

• 183 posts
    December 22, 2020 11:57 AM PST

Jothany said:

There are also the Nov and Oct Producer's Newsletters, which are accessible by the "News" link at the top of the page.

(just in case you missed them)

Wheres the december newsletter? or did we all miss that one.

• 9079 posts
    December 22, 2020 1:36 PM PST

Moved to General Support and cleaned thread up.

We are officially in PreAlpha 5 and will remain in this testing phase until we have everything we need to move into Alpha, which is planned for next year. No dates will be given until we are close to save causing any disappointment or unrealistic expectations being set.

We are working hard and want to show off our hard work as much as you want to see it, so know that we are doing everything we can to get it ready for you. <3

• 1180 posts
    December 22, 2020 2:44 PM PST

Aayden said: Wheres the december newsletter? or did we all miss that one.

You certainly haven't missed it. We might not get one, which wouldn't be surprising given how many business's schedules get rearranged during the Holidays. Or perhaps VR plans to release it close to Christmas, which would also make sense since it would include Season's Greetings to us.