Forums » General Support

will a subscription....

• 18 posts
    December 3, 2020 6:38 PM PST

be needed to play, or is it btp with subscription bonuses?

• 352 posts
    December 3, 2020 7:18 PM PST

Unless something has changed I believe game purchase + expansion purchase + monthly subscription is the primary revenue model for the game. Or at least thats what I was sold on. Heres to hoping that is still the goal, without cash shops.

• 18 posts
    December 3, 2020 7:36 PM PST

nice.

i'd rather pay a monthly sub to avoid PTW.

• 1170 posts
    December 3, 2020 8:31 PM PST

With, it has been said in the past, a free trial for a few levels before you have to buy.

• 3056 posts
    December 5, 2020 5:54 AM PST

They have said many things about what they are considering. The most important being that no decisions will actually be made until beta or later, give or take a little.

• 748 posts
    December 8, 2020 8:57 AM PST

Hello. Its subscription from what i been reading. Since those of us who pledge, are getting said numbers of month free. That being said, there will be a subscirption type, monthly, every three month, every six months, 12 months, and maybe a lifetime (one time deal...or 10 years later, another one time deal). That is what i am thinking.

Well see towards the end of beta and during launch what they will have available.

• 240 posts
    December 28, 2020 10:26 AM PST
    Haha can you imagine if in the last runs of beta they switched from subscription to FTP with revenue from in game store!
    With the last couple of games I have been hyped about and let down at the last minute im not putting anything past any game company now a days.
    • 1177 posts
    December 28, 2020 6:27 PM PST

SoWplz said: Haha can you imagine if in the last runs of beta they switched from subscription to FTP with revenue from in game store! With the last couple of games I have been hyped about and let down at the last minute im not putting anything past any game company now a days.

Wanting to wait until release to "buy in" is totally acceptable and a rational thought. Just look at Cyberpunk 2077 as a recent example.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 28, 2020 6:27 PM PST
    • 9076 posts
    December 29, 2020 1:21 PM PST

Moved to General Support.