Forums » The Summoner

Best Stat(s) for Summoner

• 158 posts
    September 18, 2020 12:24 PM PDT

Does anyone recall if they said which stats would be primary for a summoner? It affects which race I would pick because I like all the ones that can be summoners about equally, so overall summoner performance would help me decide.

For example, Ashen Elves get more out of wisdom when it comes to casting. If almost none of the spells utilize wisdom as a summoner, they would be less appealing to me as a choice if intelligence was the main stat, since that goes well with the Gnome passive that grants more mana for higher int. It's just a matter of synergy for me.

• 228 posts
    September 18, 2020 12:49 PM PDT

They have not as far as I know but it seems so far that Priests will have wisdom as their primary stat and Casters will main intelligence.

I beleive that the summoner falls under the Caster class so I would expect intelligence.

• 215 posts
    September 19, 2020 8:03 AM PDT
    INT for spell power and mana pool and WIS for crit chance.

Ashen Elves get a bonus to spell rating from WIS, still not clear what that is exactly.

Archai have the elemental option.

Gnomes have the bonus to mana pool from INT.

Humans have a small 2% bonus to casting speed.
    • 1948 posts
    October 2, 2020 10:19 AM PDT

Stats will be fluid.  They will do different things for different classes. 

We know for a wizard int will affect your mana pool and wisdom will affect crit chance.  It may be the same for all int caster classes but it could still get changed again?

Prior to the new class listing, multiple of the spells were listed as having their power increased based on the casters stats but summoner is unique in that many of the spells were based on the pets stats instead.

I'm guessing the scenario for summoner may end up that they require less well rounded stats than most any other class due to their abilities being based on the pet stats instead of the characters stats.  This would lead to the summoner wanting to focus primarily on int (mana pool) and stamina (hit points) and having the augmentations they put on their pet being the main factor in the potency of most of their abilities.

• 442 posts
    October 20, 2020 1:35 AM PDT
    Stamina for climbing as well. Ladder or no ladder INT then STA for me. Built to explore ftw.