Forums » The Dwarves

map of dwarf continent

• 9 posts
    September 12, 2020 3:39 PM PDT

I have heard of the dwarven starting area but don't see it on any of the maps of terminus. Just curious if there are any updated maps out there that include the dwarf home town.

• 1712 posts
    September 13, 2020 1:26 PM PDT

I believe we have been told they are south of the current map (assuming the current map is valid any longer).  But as far as I know there is no map available that shows their territory or how to get to it, except for the super-secret internal map that I'm sure VR likely has.

• 4513 posts
    November 8, 2020 8:29 AM PST

helgrik said:

I have heard of the dwarven starting area but don't see it on any of the maps of terminus. Just curious if there are any updated maps out there that include the dwarf home town.

Dwarves, Archai, and Gnomes are on the continent of Whitethaw. Whitethaw is located the south of Reignfall, but no, there currently isn't an atlas that shows that. The devs have acknowledged this; it's just not something that's on their priority list right now. 

• 1110 posts
    November 8, 2020 11:35 AM PST

We've also been told that the Gnome's starting city of Skyhold is a spaceship in which they travelled to Terminus and that it is 'parked' in the same zone as the Dwarves' starter city of Khadassa. So those 2 races should have an easy time meeting up at very early levels.

• 4513 posts
    November 8, 2020 2:13 PM PST

Jothany said:

We've also been told that the Gnome's starting city of Skyhold is a spaceship in which they travelled to Terminus and that it is 'parked' in the same zone as the Dwarves' starter city of Khadassa. So those 2 races should have an easy time meeting up at very early levels.

Do you remember where they said that? I knew Skyhold was floating somewhere over Whitethaw, but not sure where or how the travel from there to the ground work - maybe some sort of Gnome magic portal? If there is easy travel to/from Khadassa, that would certainly help the fact that Gnomes don't have access to a healing class.

• 1110 posts
    November 8, 2020 10:34 PM PST

I believe I read it in a long piece of lore. Maybe the backstory of the Gnomes. It's been a while. I'll see if any more details come back.

• 531 posts
    November 22, 2020 4:18 AM PST

I remember that as well, it was in a newsletter or Q&A about the concerns of the race/class matrix for Gnomes and not having any tank or healing classes available at early levels.  I don't remember if it was the dwarves or Archai, but the floating Gnome citadel essentially being right at one of those races' starting points is correct.

• 9 posts
    November 24, 2020 1:56 AM PST
    I love the idea of gnomes and archai on the same continent as dwarves. Or at least, close by each other.
    • 1880 posts
    November 25, 2020 2:02 PM PST

They have told us we would get an updated atlas (that includes whitethaw) since 2015ish.  Expecting whitethaw to be in on release, if we make it there, is urealistic 

• 1110 posts
    November 25, 2020 10:32 PM PST

I finally found it today. In the 2020 Jan Dev Roundtable

At 28:45 minutes, Kilsin asks "Are there still to be 9 starter cities" Joppa answers: "yes, that is something very near and dear."

At 43:02 minutes, Kils asks "so far the atlas shows 2 continents, are three - including whitethaw - still planned for launch?" Joppa answers:"there are still the 3 continents planned for launch and the starting areas for the 9 different races will be where they are intended to be"

At 56:00 minutes, Joppa answers: "the skyhold ship, the vessel, is anchored in Khadassa, not in the city but in that zone. So the gnomes particularly will be sharing that starting area with the Dwarves".

• 1880 posts
    November 27, 2020 10:49 PM PST

They have always stuck by the 3 continents/lore thing.  That is very well documented.  At some point the reality of the timeline sets in and difficult decisions have to be made about what to cut.  Whitethaw is something VR has been questioned about since the beginning.  Maybe it doesn't get completely cut?  Maybe just shrank?  Or maybe it doesn't work at all?  All we know is that there still hasn't been any progress shown about a mapped out atlas let alone an entire other continent that has only ever been talked about.  We have been told we were going to get an updated atlas for 5 years...