Forums » News and Announcements

August Stream Recording!

• 9115 posts
    August 27, 2020 7:55 PM PDT

PA5 Shakeout is coming Sept 5-6. Take a sneak peek at what's in store for you with a look at the new Thronefast, the starting experience, climbing and combat.
    https://youtu.be/6DiyWMGlT58

• 1281 posts
    August 27, 2020 8:01 PM PDT

Was enjoyable to watch.

@joppa

Please oh please add a loot animation. My friends and I, to this day, loved the EQ loot animation and we often goof around and go around "looting" things in real life with the accompanying "ching" sound. Such a classic and small thing that gives so many fun memories.

I also like that the quest windows do not show the reward. Nice touch and keeps the mystery alive, especially on that critical first playthrough.

Also enjoyed the NPC shouts. So classically inspired. Thank you.

I liked seeing the NPC’s walking around the town. I hope you add quest NPC’s out wandering between villages and over the continent. Keeping them moving keeps the game feeling alive and gives a reason to explore. Always fun to see NPC's journeying the countryside on their own missions.

Finally, loving that the loot tables/databases are tuned well and are only dropping items that you would expect to find on the mob. Again, thanks for not dropping steel breast plates from wolfs.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at August 27, 2020 8:02 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    August 28, 2020 12:46 AM PDT

Thanks for the video -- I am a little concerned that at this stage of development bats don't fall to the ground when they die.

• 318 posts
    August 28, 2020 5:56 AM PDT

Thanks for the video! I loved seeing all of the progress and the newbie gameplay. The game is shaping up very nicely. Also, the background art for the login screen is beautiful. I wish I could make that my desktop background :D

When Roenick died at the end (<-- SPOILER ALERT), he was 0% of the way into level 8. The chat said he lost 1 xp, but he didn't lose a level. Hopefully it's just not in-game yet and that's not the answer to the question about if Pantheon will have de-leveling or not :(

This post was edited by Wellspring at August 28, 2020 6:17 AM PDT
    • 255 posts
    August 28, 2020 6:16 AM PDT

Wellspring said:

Thanks for the video!

When Roenick died at the end (<-- SPOILER ALERT), he was 0% of the way into level 8. The chat said he lost 1 xp, but he didn't lose a level. Hopefully it's just not in-game yet and that's not the answer to the question about if Pantheon will have de-leveling or not :(

I think it has been hinted at before there wasn't going to be de-leveling, but they haven't come out and specifically said it that I know off. They skipped that question in one of the previous streams when asked. Although I would have expeted to lose more than 1 xp, but at least go into negative for the current level if de-leveling is not happening.

I did enjoy the stream, the game play wasn't quite up to scratch (taking about the players not the game). Surely with those mages you could have pulled and gone down the ramp to get out of line of site to seperate them.

Also it look like the 3 chars were never actually in a group as you didn't see each others health bars on screen, apart from over their heads? I would have expected to see the names on the left or right, othjerwsie when there are 10 people in the same area you might not remember who your playing with to click on the right player.

I think these bats turn into vampire/undead bats and need killing twice?

• 1019 posts
    August 28, 2020 6:49 AM PDT

Note to self: Do not group with a played named Roenick.

Great work guys.  Game looks fun already.

This post was edited by Kittik at August 28, 2020 6:49 AM PDT
    • 1992 posts
    August 28, 2020 4:18 PM PDT

Thanks guys, enjoyed it much.

And thanks to Roenick for the corpses. It just wouldn't be Terminus without a few :D

• 18 posts
    August 29, 2020 6:42 AM PDT
    I expect to see a Headstone with Roenicks name on it in just about every graveyard throughout Terminus
    • 768 posts
    August 29, 2020 10:45 PM PDT

Just wanted to say: I like the choice of showing things in greybox and leaving things to be discovered at launch.

It might be confusing for new viewers. But to cover up the world with wrappings is a good call.

I wished other games in development would make that call aswel. This really feel like a good solution to the problem of early access/alpha culture of late.

If anything I would encourage it with some full displays like the Fairthale teaser being short and confined. 

• 2 posts
    August 30, 2020 3:00 AM PDT

Nice job.  Brought back memories of the good ol'days playing Everquest and Asheron's Call.

• 1992 posts
    August 30, 2020 11:24 AM PDT

Rekkin said:

Nice job.  Brought back memories of the good ol'days playing Everquest and Asheron's Call.

Nice to see another AC veteran. We're a bit scarcer than EQ vets lol.

What server did you play on?

• 34 posts
    August 30, 2020 7:35 PM PDT

Looks dangerously immersive... Can't wait!