Forums » The Ranger

Ranger gang /party

• 257 posts
    July 31, 2020 9:32 AM PDT
    At some point during a test phase, alpha or beta, I would love to group with only rangers as a fun, chaos filled, experiment.
    I am definitely going to play a ranger and would love to use and witness the skills and attributes of a group of rangers getting themselves into a battle to 'see what happens'.

Any of you ranger leaning types up for a play session or two with me and our merry little adventure group?

Note: we'll need a little moniker for the group, any suggestions?
    • 377 posts
    August 1, 2020 5:14 AM PDT

Count me in :)

Name options:

“Corpse Runners”

”Pet Shop Boys & Girls”

”Natural Disasters” 

Cheers!

• 257 posts
    August 1, 2020 6:22 AM PDT
    "Natural Disasters" I like that one.

• 604 posts
    August 1, 2020 8:34 AM PDT

I'm in. We will need to coordinate which PA sesions we choose based on the schedule when its released. I like "Natural Disasters" as well :)

• 1180 posts
    August 1, 2020 10:33 AM PDT

Sounds like fun. I'll join. Not sure if I'll upgrade to get into Alpha, but I'm already pledged for beta.

Natural Disasters is quite amusing. Some other possibilites:

The Lone Rangers

more mysterious: The Clayton Moores

for corpse runs: Rescue Rangers

• 257 posts
    September 15, 2020 1:49 PM PDT

Rescue Rangers.

That has a nice ring to it. Thanks Jothany.

I imagine a few areas of adventure will create more corpse runs than average.  I'll be sure to identify and see about a service that could be created.  Maybe a side hustle for coin or goods.

• 437 posts
    September 28, 2020 1:28 PM PDT
    You could call it Ranger Danger, but then it sounds like you need to travel around Terminus in a windowless wagon.
    • 16 posts
    January 14, 2021 6:21 PM PST

I am so IN. Let's do this!

• 1180 posts
    January 15, 2021 1:05 AM PST

Onyxlarue said:

I am so IN. Let's do this!

Glad to have you on board!

Have you chosen a race for your Ranger yet? I'll be going with the boring, obvious choice of Ember Elf.

Just so you know, there will be a minimum number of 'puns per hour' required from each Ranger while in the group!

:D

• 20 posts
    January 21, 2021 6:34 AM PST

Just the thought makes me want to don my Ivy Etched Armor and Rain Caller Long bow and run through the plains kiting everything in sight.  I'd be happy to join for a fun filled adventure, so long as it doesn't detract from the testing requirements and needs of the test session!

This post was edited by Luniss at January 21, 2021 6:35 AM PST
    • 27 posts
    April 26, 2021 1:15 PM PDT

I would be happy to join as well. I love playing a ranger. 

• 257 posts
    May 2, 2021 1:30 PM PDT

The Alpha group: Rangers only: Any Race: Any Aliment: Any Clan

Rule one: homework assigned by VR is to take top priority

Name: The Natural Disasters

First free time goal: create as large a train as possible.

No spoilers about ranger quests: try and allow others to find and explore. 

Game: h.o.r.s.e. - but instead of basketball we let fly our arrows

• 1180 posts
    May 2, 2021 8:38 PM PDT

StoneFish said: Game: h.o.r.s.e. - but instead of basketball we let fly our arrows

I'll be in alpha and it sounds good so far. But this line I quoted puzzles me.

I don't know a game called h.o.r.s.e.

When young, my friends and I played one with a basketball we called 'around the world' where we would take turns trying to make a basket from a bunch of different spots, of varying distances from the basket. The first person to make a basket from every spot won. That's the only game I ever played with a basketball (being rather short, I never was much attracted to 'official' basketball)

• 257 posts
    May 3, 2021 4:48 AM PDT

'Around the world's and 'hirse' are about the same thing.   You got the right idea

• 257 posts
    May 15, 2021 4:00 PM PDT

First free day with my ranger I'm going for a run.  

Wilds End to Faerthale.  Then back again. 

• 1180 posts
    May 15, 2021 9:07 PM PDT

StoneFish said: Wilds End to Faerthale.  Then back again.

Well that should fill the first month or so of the game :)

• 257 posts
    May 16, 2021 7:03 AM PDT

I'm not sure how long it will take, the round trip, but I'll be eager to find out.  That's about all I'll end up sharing in the forums, wether I did it and how long it took me, if successful. I can imagine after my 3rd or 4th corpse run that I'll give up and shift my focus towards something more meaningful, like finding out if I'm able to bake or buy banana nut bread. 

This post was edited by StoneFish at May 16, 2021 7:04 AM PDT