Forums » The Rogue

Rogue Must haves

• 2 posts
    November 28, 2019 9:11 PM PST

One of the things that would be interesting is if a Rogue could walk a tight rope.  Obviously having a rope to climb is helpful, but Rogues in my mind also have termendous agility and tight rope walking would be an interesting ability.

• 539 posts
    November 29, 2019 12:58 AM PST

Fantasyemmo4me said:

One of the things that would be interesting is if a Rogue could walk a tight rope.  Obviously having a rope to climb is helpful, but Rogues in my mind also have termendous agility and tight rope walking would be an interesting ability.

I was thinking about tight ropes, but not as rogue ability. Everyone could use a rope - maybe depending on class either by walking on them or by using hands, but only rangers could set it up using the bow. 

• 1 posts
    July 10, 2020 2:59 PM PDT

What about instead of rogues having unique and different "backstab" skills, the rogue should have unique affects depending upon the type of weapon used to "backstab"? Blunt weapons would give a stun or snare effect.  Slash would give a bleed effect.  Piercing would just give high instant damage.

I've always thought that rogues shouldn't just be limited to piercing weapons for proficiency.  Small, fast weapons? Yes, but not solely piercing.

This post was edited by ravnnevermoor at July 10, 2020 4:32 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    July 13, 2020 3:23 AM PDT

ravnnevermoor said:

What about instead of rogues having unique and different "backstab" skills, the rogue should have unique affects depending upon the type of weapon used to "backstab"? Blunt weapons would give a stun or snare effect.  Slash would give a bleed effect.  Piercing would just give high instant damage.

I've always thought that rogues shouldn't just be limited to piercing weapons for proficiency.  Small, fast weapons? Yes, but not solely piercing.

Please no.. generally you're pretty busy micro managing positioning and skills which is critical to group play for glass canno Melee and when you take into considereration the synergistic combat proposed that sounds way too busy IMO .. I don't want to be continously twisting primary/secondary weapons in addition to all this to add debuffs as you're in melee range with what looks like potentiaslly high DPS mobs. So any Stuns/Bleed/Snare/Mez effects should be a seperate skill independant of the weapon imo.