Forums » The Rogue

Rogue Must haves

• 2 posts
    November 28, 2019 9:11 PM PST

One of the things that would be interesting is if a Rogue could walk a tight rope.  Obviously having a rope to climb is helpful, but Rogues in my mind also have termendous agility and tight rope walking would be an interesting ability.

• 619 posts
    November 29, 2019 12:58 AM PST

Fantasyemmo4me said:

One of the things that would be interesting is if a Rogue could walk a tight rope.  Obviously having a rope to climb is helpful, but Rogues in my mind also have termendous agility and tight rope walking would be an interesting ability.

I was thinking about tight ropes, but not as rogue ability. Everyone could use a rope - maybe depending on class either by walking on them or by using hands, but only rangers could set it up using the bow. 

• 1 posts
    July 10, 2020 2:59 PM PDT

What about instead of rogues having unique and different "backstab" skills, the rogue should have unique affects depending upon the type of weapon used to "backstab"? Blunt weapons would give a stun or snare effect.  Slash would give a bleed effect.  Piercing would just give high instant damage.

I've always thought that rogues shouldn't just be limited to piercing weapons for proficiency.  Small, fast weapons? Yes, but not solely piercing.

This post was edited by ravnnevermoor at July 10, 2020 4:32 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    July 13, 2020 3:23 AM PDT

ravnnevermoor said:

What about instead of rogues having unique and different "backstab" skills, the rogue should have unique affects depending upon the type of weapon used to "backstab"? Blunt weapons would give a stun or snare effect.  Slash would give a bleed effect.  Piercing would just give high instant damage.

I've always thought that rogues shouldn't just be limited to piercing weapons for proficiency.  Small, fast weapons? Yes, but not solely piercing.

Please no.. generally you're pretty busy micro managing positioning and skills which is critical to group play for glass canno Melee and when you take into considereration the synergistic combat proposed that sounds way too busy IMO .. I don't want to be continously twisting primary/secondary weapons in addition to all this to add debuffs as you're in melee range with what looks like potentiaslly high DPS mobs. So any Stuns/Bleed/Snare/Mez effects should be a seperate skill independant of the weapon imo.

• 76 posts
    January 23, 2021 11:26 AM PST

For me, outside of the usual pick pocket and pick lock, Rogues need their own special flair.

They could have a bit of CC to them as well.  

• 2121 posts
    April 7, 2022 8:44 PM PDT

I would like to see pick-pocketing as the only PvP type ability that a rogue can have, limited to coin on PC's. they would still have their standard pick-pocket abilities and what they can garner on NPC's but on PC's it will be only for coin. Maybe have it linked to thieves cant that acts like a sort of Mezz where the rogue has to be trained and skilled up in how to ask specifically for an amount, that the player doesn't hear, but unwitingly gives. Of course the amount will be lmited to player level or percentage of their total bank and the rogue will need to be keen to know how much to ask or fail if too much but easily suceed if too little.

On the other hand, the player being pick-pocketed, if they have a high enough perception, will be alerted to a successfull pick with the "ching" sound of a coin dropping and can turn on the rogue and engage socially, shouting outrage, demanding money back, or insisting that is a downpayment against lock-picking services to be rendered. 

I think the ability should have a cool down or limit, say, 2  or 3 players in a 24 hour period? and...might provide some balance to the flashier Players as the rogues would be seeking out those who clearly have higher end armor and gear as surely, they would have more coin. It stands to reason. 

• 2121 posts
    May 4, 2022 11:56 AM PDT

Idea from "act of looting" thread.

Rogues with better sneak can be less observable when looting a corpse, the higher skill the less obvious they are- If all manner of invis drops when looting a corpse. Likewise, a rogue with better pickpocketing skill may have the ability to skim coin off the top, and obscure the total coin on the corpse from the group, so if an orc has 2 silver and 5 copper, a skilled rogue would be able to skim 1 copper for themselves without the group knowing it, and then the remaining coin would be split as usual with the group. As a balance, say, a paladin with a high purity/honesty perception, or a direlord with a high mischievous/machiavelian perception will be able to detect the rogue skimming off the top or pickpocketing- maybe a simple check and an emote?

• 1243 posts
    May 17, 2022 7:49 PM PDT

I say get rid of the "backstab" skill with a cooldown and just increase rogue damage by X% while they are not in the enemy's line of sight... or perhaps increase critical hit chance/damage.