Forums » The Shaman

Area healing and agro building

• 675 posts
    April 12, 2020 11:04 AM PDT
    So in the latest stream we saw Shamans spells. 2 of them was a grp heals and one was single target that heal buffed healing output of the grp healing.

My consern is, that when you need to max healing thoughput on the tank to keep him alive, you also build an amasing amount of agro because you heal the entier grp for the same amount as the tank.

Will Shamans get a agro clear ability?
    Will area healing have less agro?
    Will agro only work for actual healing or also for overhealing?
    • 2263 posts
    April 12, 2020 4:04 PM PDT

The group heal aggro really only applies if someone else in the group needs healing.  My entire issue with being forced to use the group heals is that if you're not all taking damage, it is wasted mana.

• 39 posts
    April 12, 2020 8:12 PM PDT
    Both of your concerns are valid in my eyes. Gheals are normally only mana efficient when you healed one over half the group size plus the cast time is always longer. Previous mmo's when all the group members had low health you'd want to shield yourself before casting due to mob(s) agroing onto you or have an agro wipe ready afterwards.

New video had me salivating but kinda left me with more questions than I originally had.
    • 675 posts
    April 13, 2020 8:51 AM PDT
    Vand i hope so that the overhealing will not caunt as agro. With cannabilize i think Shamans are golden when it comes to mana. But it uses a slot that could have been used for another ability.
    • 532 posts
    April 13, 2020 4:01 PM PDT

The group heal(s) in the stream didn't seem to use a ton of mana. With the shaman's "cannibalize" plus mana regen in combat, I don't see this as an issue. Further testing will, of course, be the true answer. I'm more excited to play a shaman after seeing this stream!

• 489 posts
    April 29, 2020 9:09 PM PDT
    I'm sure that concerns like this have been designed for and that balance issues will be worked out in beta. There is probably an aggro modifier attached to every power so that they can be adjusted properly.