Forums » The Shaman

So we will get cannibalize

• 649 posts
    April 12, 2020 10:56 AM PDT
    How do you all feel about that? its nice for our vision that we can tap down from 100% so we can benefit from healing our self and get Spell haste fadter.

Let me know how you all think of the Spell, pros and cons please.
    • 238 posts
    April 12, 2020 6:43 PM PDT
    Guess we will have to see how regen works in game. Depends on it’s balance, but from what I saw it looks pretty overpowered. I’m sure it’ll be tweaked a lot.
    • 39 posts
    April 12, 2020 7:52 PM PDT
    Seemed extremely overpowered for a non-endgame player...ie max gear/lvl/aa/gems/etc. Regen would matter early on if our main heal wasn't a HoT. Think in eq1 you didn't get your HoT till 60 and it was extremely hard to obtain, why a lot of shamans liked to roll trolls and ixars for the innate regen bonus to help in canni dancing. Video reminded me of a maxed Planes of Power shaman on a mount canni spamming. Sure they'll be fine tuning it during alpha.

Still would like a dungeon dive video with a shaman as the main healer and slower while cannidancing. Full group would be intimate with their classes. Aboot the only way to see if it's over/under powered then and how manageable our agro/healing is.
    • 532 posts
    April 13, 2020 4:08 PM PDT

I could see a shaman cast a group HOT, then use the cannibalize skill (forget it's name in Pantheon) to recover a positive amount of mana. Agreed, it needs to be tested and not made to overpower other healers...that's what alpha and beta will be for. I want it to be a challenge, for sure. In EQ1 outside of Karnor's Castle, I once cannibalized down to 2 HP...thank goodness the druid in the group had a regen going. We were fighting a Drolvarg Rager, another Drolvarg and a Cockatrice...it was tough, but we won.

• 39 posts
    April 13, 2020 5:46 PM PDT
    Ah, KC...such fond memories of that place.

I remember doing a late night grind session with my regular east coast group then hooking up with my west coast group to mid morning. I'd use alt 8 for canni and fell asleep for a couple of minutes. At the time it was like muscle memory and ended up killing myself via canni while sleeping. Course I've suicided multiple times with regular canni and canni 5(the AA canni). Found out in a split paw lair group while cannidancing that if you go below 5% health and sit, even a fleeing mob would turn around and hit you for a death blow.
    • 2157 posts
    April 13, 2020 8:30 PM PDT

BamBam said: How do you all feel about that? its nice for our vision that we can tap down from 100% so we can benefit from healing our self and get Spell haste fadter. Let me know how you all think of the Spell, pros and cons please.

I love it.  It is the 2nd spell that I was really hoping would make an appearances in this game right behind Slow.

What this I suspect that the  inclusion of Chronoburn means is that our spells will have a much higher mana cost, requiring us to use Chronoburn quite often.  We know we already need to cast far more spells to do our primary job, that of healing, that the Cleric.  We have to first Slow the mob, AC debuff it, the debuff it's ATK skills then start healing.  The cleric just casts a heal, several of which do not even require mana.

Chronoburn means we are far less dependent up on the mana regen provided by an Enchanter, something that we could do without in EQ1 with Cannabilize.  I like being a more self sufficient class.

Now that our HP can become part of our manapool, I also suspect that our manapool will be smaller than other WIS based classes.  If a Shaman and Cleric, regardless of race, has the same WIS stat,  I'll bet we'll have a smaller mana per WIS point.  And like I did in EQ1 with my Troll Shaman, I shoved a lot of points into STA to get my HP as high as possible as it was my mana reserve.  This might be a path for the Pantheon Shaman.  This then brings up a point.  Very early on when I was hoping that a form of Cannabilize would be in Patheon, then saw that the filthy Elves could be a Shaman and figured that the different races would have quite different starting stats you will end up with vastly different Shamans across the races.

For example, lets assume the Ogre has the highest base STA, getting the best HP per STA point but having a quite low WIS score.  The Elf would have a higher WIS but far lower STA.  Thus the Ogre shaman would use use Chronoburn more often than the Elf, but over the same period of time each would be able to cast the same number of sp[ells becuase the total mana from WIS and HP equalled out.  I really want that to be a thing in Pantheon.

As I intend to play the Skar, and if the racial active ends up being a high natural regen, with mid range WIS and STA, it makes it a very power Shaman race/class combo.

• 649 posts
    April 14, 2020 5:20 AM PDT
    Ya the stats might be a BIG deal, i hope they will. Also takling into account that abilities benefit from stats. So high wiz might get a tad more healing, but it will cost some sustain and flexibility maybe.
    • 238 posts
    April 15, 2020 6:35 AM PDT
    @Vandraad
    Would an active racial be considered a natural regen? I figured an active racial is something that needs to be used and has a relatively short cooldown. Unless you’re saying the active is increased regen with a short cooldown?
    • 2157 posts
    April 15, 2020 9:45 AM PDT

Wig said: @Vandraad Would an active racial be considered a natural regen? I figured an active racial is something that needs to be used and has a relatively short cooldown. Unless you’re saying the active is increased regen with a short cooldown?

I could see it being tied to the quite literal active consumption of raw meat. No auto-consumption, but actively 'right click to eat' action'. Each piece giving you a brief high HP mana regen buff.

• 6 posts
    August 10, 2020 10:50 AM PDT

I love that we are getting cannibalize in Pantheon.  It was my favorite thing to do in a pinch to ge off that one last spell to park a mob or slow an add.  The risk vs. reward was fun.

• 236 posts
    March 8, 2021 4:57 PM PST
    Well it was in the stream on the 4th
    • 2157 posts
    March 11, 2021 2:28 PM PST

Chronoburn.  It doesn't even fit with what the spell does. Chrono means time. How does that equate to converting hitpoints to mana?  The whole Shaman description "It is rumored that Shamans live in every age at once. Thus, Shamans know the ancestry of any friend or foe, wielding this knowledge to great benefit or baneful cost" really makes no sense at all.

• 194 posts
    March 11, 2021 4:03 PM PST

Yea maybe some fan fiction on that one, pulling the mana from a pocket in time but doing so backlashes into your phisycal form as damage?

• 2861 posts
    March 12, 2021 11:14 AM PST

Gintoki88 said:

Yea maybe some fan fiction on that one, pulling the mana from a pocket in time but doing so backlashes into your phisycal form as damage?

More or less how I understand it. Paying the toll in health to draw mana from yourself in a different time.