Forums » The Summoner

Any Videos on the Summoner yet?

• 793 posts
    March 28, 2020 2:50 AM PDT

I have been looking for something on the Summoner. If its last, my concerns are very valid, weak, put together fast, and may be what "Many" players might want to play.

I really do not want to go into debate over the warrior class whinning about the pet classes, and being stronger either, so this is why i want more information. They did ruin it for us in other games, the nerfs etc..

• 1948 posts
    March 28, 2020 5:06 PM PDT

Pets are not finished yet.  We have seen a couple vids of a shaman with a wolf pet and one with a wizard familiar but they were far from finished.  There was no pet controls like we have been told the summoner will have.

• 793 posts
    March 29, 2020 2:57 AM PDT

philo said:

Pets are not finished yet.  We have seen a couple vids of a shaman with a wolf pet and one with a wizard familiar but they were far from finished.  There was no pet controls like we have been told the summoner will have.

Eww thats disappointing.

• 29 posts
    April 3, 2020 9:21 PM PDT

I'll still play a Summoner either way!  In the very early, relatively limited polls I've seen so far, Summoner is among the least popular classes, which suits me just fine.  I enjoy playing less common classes.

I don't think the lack of information indicates it's put together quickly or anything like that, they're just working on the pet mechanics and they'll show us when they're ready.

• 99 posts
    July 20, 2020 12:27 AM PDT

they did show us what  i assume was a  fire pet,  its my icon

This post was edited by Quseio2017 at July 20, 2020 12:27 AM PDT
    • 207 posts
    July 26, 2020 12:15 AM PDT

erekai said:

I'll still play a Summoner either way!  In the very early, relatively limited polls I've seen so far, Summoner is among the least popular classes, which suits me just fine.  I enjoy playing less common classes.

I don't think the lack of information indicates it's put together quickly or anything like that, they're just working on the pet mechanics and they'll show us when they're ready.

Agreed.  I feel like Summoner might be a really useful class, just because there aren't a lot of them.  Being able to summon things like ladders and barricades, or even food and drink, can be really valuable (similar argument for Rangers with their forage skills.)  Summoner might even have limited off-tanking (with their pet) and off-healing (at least of their pets), letting it fit into parties.  And if there is a "summon party member" class, Summoner is the most likely candidate for such an ability.  Not to mention that it's probably also going to be the most "solo-friendly" class due to the "party in a box" nature of the class.  Especially at higher levels where you have a tanking and healing pet you can use to solo grind if your FC/friends are busy or you just have some time to burn here and there, or no one's looking for your class in parties.

I feel like it's a class with a lot of potential utility and is being overshadowed by Enchanter and the like, that there will be a lot more people playing.