Forums » The Enchanter

Combat Resources

• 116 posts
    March 10, 2020 7:00 AM PDT

I would like to start a conversation about the Enchanters receiving spells that allow us to replenish combat resources as well as mana regen or does this over power the class?

• 411 posts
    March 13, 2020 11:39 PM PDT
    I think it's highly likely that Enchanters will get this buff. I may be in the minority in this, but I hope it's not too powerful of a buff. I don't like when something is so good you have to take it because I prefer greater diversity in builds, and must-have powers tend to force cookie-cutter builds. If they do give us buffs for this, I hope there's a few different (and mutually exclusive) versions so we at least get some choice.

I'd be more interested in a short-lasting power that's got a 5+ minute cool-down. This would require it be used tactically, which is far more interesting than as a long term buff everyone expects. I have no interest in playing a mindless buff-monkey.
    • 116 posts
    March 15, 2020 2:31 PM PDT

I would like it to be treated essentially the same as our mana regen spells. Enchanters should be just as sought after by melee based groups as they will be by caster heavy groups not just for CC reasons but this buff line would solidify that.

• 1081 posts
    March 15, 2020 6:02 PM PDT

Given that we'll have 3 CC classes in game eventually, the utities any of them can have need to be spread fairly evenly. Since we haven't seen a skillset for either of the other 2, I won't venture an opinion on how many buffs an Enchanter should have. I will just say that unlike mana or stamina regen buffs, a resource boosting buff sounds -if I understand your meaning of it- like a buff that would help every single class. So I could see it be a bit OP if the other 2 CC classes don't get it also.

Along the same lines:

SugarWood said:  Enchanters should be just as sought after by melee based groups as they will be by caster heavy groups not just for CC reasons but this buff line would solidify that.

Just as different classes of the same role are intended to do well in different circumstances, I think it might be a good separation to have a magic heavy group want an Enchanter (just for example) and a melee heavy group prefer a Bard and an evenly split group could favor a Necro.

I SURE wish we could see the Bard reveal (hint hint VR)

• 461 posts
    March 15, 2020 9:22 PM PDT

As of now, Cleric has this unique ability. So this is more an issue of people adding a cleric as the Healer if they so want this and less about if the Enchanter or Bard has it.

This post was edited by Janus at March 15, 2020 9:24 PM PDT