Forums » The Paladin

Dualwielding

• 54 posts
    February 28, 2020 11:04 AM PST

heya'll

I have been wondering, normally you don't see Dual wielding paladins, do we think that will be the case for pantheon aswell?

• 1104 posts
    February 28, 2020 11:44 AM PST

That will unfortunately be the case Zosu.  Dire Lord and Warrior will be the dual wielding tanks, while Paladin and Warrior will be the shield bearers.  All tanks will have access to 2h weapons.

• 71 posts
    February 28, 2020 12:01 PM PST

According to the website, Paladins can equip 2 handed weapons, but as far as dual wielding 2 weapons, I doubt it.  Paladins are more built around using shields, with some abilities requiring a shield.

• 1330 posts
    February 28, 2020 12:42 PM PST

The class descriptions are sadly lacking many minor points of info. Unless I missed it where a Dev said that Paladins CAN'T dual wield, I'd assume that -like most stuff currently- nothing is set in stone.

That said, I'd clearly not expect dual wielding to be the way a Paladin tanks best, under the most challenging circumstances.

• 1104 posts
    February 28, 2020 5:54 PM PST

@Jothany - It was mentioned at one point that Paladins cannot dual wield.

Add: But as you mentioned, "nothing is set in stone".

This post was edited by Darch at February 28, 2020 5:59 PM PST
    • 1330 posts
    February 28, 2020 8:02 PM PST

Darch said:

@Jothany - It was mentioned at one point that Paladins cannot dual wield.

I had never heard that, and have stopped trying to 'extrapolate' from what the class descriptions say.

Thanks for the update :)

• 494 posts
    February 29, 2020 1:50 AM PST

Available Weapons

One-Handed Edged
    One-Handed Blunt
    Two-Handed Edged
    Two-Handed Blunt

I plan to use a Two-Handed weapon to exact my vengeance upon thee!

• 1330 posts
    February 29, 2020 10:49 AM PST

Fragile said:

Available Weapons

One-Handed Edged
    One-Handed Blunt
    Two-Handed Edged
    Two-Handed Blunt

I plan to use a Two-Handed weapon to exact my vengeance upon thee!

I've always preferred a BIG two-handed weapon whenever I can use one.

(no, I'm NOT compensating, don't even go there!)

• 1104 posts
    February 29, 2020 5:20 PM PST

I like the 2h option as well.  I'm not one to dive through dev videos, but it was confirmed (outside of the class description pages) that paladin will not be able to dual wield.

Edit: Again though... everything is subject to change.

Also - I never understood why Paladins aren't able to use piercing weapons... so stupid.  Did knights not use lances or daggers?  In fact, piercing and blunt weapons were the ideal weapons vs other heavily armored knights.  Slashing weapons did squat vs plate armor.  And even in DnD everyone knows not to use slashing weapons vs skeletons :p

This post was edited by Darch at February 29, 2020 5:26 PM PST
    • 1330 posts
    February 29, 2020 7:51 PM PST

Darch said:

Also - I never understood why Paladins aren't able to use piercing weapons... so stupid.  Did knights not use lances or daggers?  In fact, piercing and blunt weapons were the ideal weapons vs other heavily armored knights.  Slashing weapons did squat vs plate armor.  And even in DnD everyone knows not to use slashing weapons vs skeletons :p

Based on my own rampant speculations, I see a plausible lore basis. As Paladins were once Clerics, they began by having only been able to use Blunt weaponry. Giving up the rigidly structured life of a Cleric only gained them one more weapon type.

It's not an overwhelming explantion, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• 4 posts
    September 14, 2020 1:14 AM PDT

Highly Doubtful a Paladin would ever use Duel weilding. They are meant for 2hander and 1hander shield. Has been like that in All mmos, where the MMO had a paladin.

Im very excited to Try Paladin out in Pantheon.

• 475 posts
    September 28, 2020 1:24 PM PDT
    Paladins should be able to dual weild celestial symbols and tomes. They should mostly provide buffs, but still be capable of damage. Nothing says "Paladin" like hitting your enemies with your holy book.
    • 127 posts
    March 15, 2021 1:41 AM PDT

Darch said:

I like the 2h option as well.  I'm not one to dive through dev videos, but it was confirmed (outside of the class description pages) that paladin will not be able to dual wield.

Edit: Again though... everything is subject to change.

It's because in games piercing weapons are associated with finesse weapons.
    Daggers were only used as secondary weapons and mostly to finish someone on the ground.
    Lances are mounted weapons only.

You could make and argument for spear but a knight could probably afford a better poleweapon like a Lucerne hammer or else.