Forums » The Monk

What Style of Kung Fu ?

• 46 posts
    September 27, 2019 9:58 AM PDT

Curious as to what type of Kung Fu are the combat animations going to be based on? Wing Chung? Shaolin?  Jeet Kun Do (a mix?)?

any speculation or people that study & have a guess??

• 86 posts
    September 29, 2019 7:45 AM PDT

I'd like either Shaolin or Bruce Lee's style: Jeet Kune Do.   But I'll be happy for anything as long as the animations are cool :)

This post was edited by Nagasakee at August 31, 2020 2:43 AM PDT
    • 289 posts
    February 2, 2020 5:22 PM PST

Sorry for being late to the hread but I suspect it will be a combination of 3 or 4 styles of martial arts.  You will probably see the bouncing of Bruce Lee and some of his poses after an attack but then you will also see some fluidity and motions from Shaolin which is almsot universally believed to be the founding art.  I can see some Judo influeces because that is the style with the most throws while some Kapawaiua(sp) will be prominent because of the grandoise movements and chaning diffierent attacks together.  Another style will probably be a Kenpo derivative because of the joint locks and trapping abilities while also attacking.

• 488 posts
    February 2, 2020 9:15 PM PST

I believe it will be mainly molded around the style of the great sensei, Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do.

• 164 posts
    March 7, 2020 11:01 PM PST

Fragile said:

I believe it will be mainly molded around the style of the great sensei, Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do.

or maybe fist of the north star style of martial arts since they do have that rapid punch ability?

• 488 posts
    March 8, 2020 6:23 PM PDT

Ora ora ora!

• 686 posts
    March 8, 2020 7:01 PM PDT

Jackie Chan Parkour ftw!

• 9 posts
    March 9, 2020 2:20 PM PDT

Drunken Master