Forums » The Humans

Expansion suggestion: rebuild Havensong

• 807 posts
    September 24, 2019 2:37 PM PDT

Three or four expansions down the road, I offer a crazy theme (at least for humans) - rebuild the Glory that was Havensong. Requires underwater raids to recover precious artifacts, perhaps seeking / harvesting random rare nodes all over Terminus for the proper materials, or reclaiming land from massive hordes of (insert favorite baddies here). Or if that project is too complex, build a single solemn memorial worthy of the tragedy. Could be like the griffin towers where we contribute time / coin / effort but the actual “build” is pre-determined and revealed in stages. Could probably work some political plot threads into the mix as well (those working for...you know, the good folk, as well as the evil rotten dirty followers of Ossari the Betrayer may he find a new definition of pain and suffering while slowly being digested over a thousand years by a dragon, wait... mixing fantasy realms again. Well the evil folk could sabotage things). Throw in some royal intrigue too - sure, let the Queen get in on the fun!

Something to think about - as a loyal citizen of Thronefast would your human character get behind a Havensong memorial (or complete rebuild)? Or are you happy to leave it as ruins on the ocean floor to visit if you dare....

This post was edited by Kumu at September 25, 2019 5:39 AM PDT
    • 339 posts
    September 24, 2019 7:05 PM PDT

I like the idea of world events to impact real environmental change.

I remember such ideas in various other games. Sometimes coupled with some sort of gm run in-game events, with alot of emphasis on game lore. And zones changing based on the events outcomes.

I even like the idea of seasonal climate changes in parts of the game world. Seasons rotate lets say every 30 days or so and the zone climates and appearance change to and from various "climates" with the season changes. Cycling through different textures and props for zone decor. Imagine a zone in the dead of winter covered in ice and snow, or in spring and it becomes toxic from the local flora blooming, or summer where its hot and dry. Tie that into the acclimation meta game. 

• 46 posts
    September 24, 2019 8:21 PM PDT

These are both such cool ideas.  I always wondered about tidal stuff...as in how do the giant ships in so many mmos just arrive/depart on a set schedule that didnt involve the moon or anchors etc... 

Future expansions tying in the environment would make for easier transitions, I always thought...  an example like, sandstorms unearthing ancient ruins in a desert, and expanding on that...why is it a desert now, what event occurred to wipe out said civilization etc...

I recall WoW doing some interesting changes in Cataclysm, but it was more static, like a chasm going through the barrens & ''new'' plant growth, spicing up parched areas....   what made it special though, was that for a brief window in time, there was a giant dragon flying around the servers, reigning destruction etc... in game events like this always add to a dynamic world imo, where for a brief time, something out of the ordinary is occuring...  so with weather/seasonal stuff, this could be cyclical?  

anyhow, I really like reading ideas  and discussions like the OP and follow up post.  Sorry if my own is off target or rambly :3

• 46 posts
    September 24, 2019 8:24 PM PDT

oh, and Kumu,  i'd totally be into the rebuild  havensong campaign idea.... also, would a Dark Myr player be able to resist this incursion into their realm?

• 807 posts
    September 25, 2019 5:40 AM PDT

Certainly they could, but then they smell of kelp...so it’s all good fun.

• 46 posts
    September 25, 2019 10:06 AM PDT

Seeing 2 rival factions engage in conflict to determine the topography would be an interesting concept...   kelp everywhere haha