Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Valorous1

• 259 posts
    June 11, 2019 9:18 AM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “Valorous1”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to "Valorous1@Valorous_1" for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Valorous1 here:

On Twitter

And on Twitch TV

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

Yes I enjoy crafting, although I would say I am more of the adventuring type(about 60/40). Crafting is the perfect thing for me to do when all my fellow adventurers are away.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

I remember when I was newb in EQ and my guild was linking the Halas 10 lb Meat Pie. After I learned those pies were craftable that's when I knew I had to pick a skill. Started with Batwing Crunchies and by the end of the day my bags were filled with them!

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

Well my favorite type of crafting has evolved with my age. When I first stated playing MMO's I enjoyed the easier crafts like baking, but later on I started going for the crafting that brought in the most cash! Now, I enjoy crafting things people can wear or wield.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

Yes, I feel they with over 20 years worth of knowledge in crafting in the gaming industry, I believe they will hit the nail on the head. It might not be quite right at first, but they will make it right.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

Crafting is a very natural part of the MMORPG world that helps it evolve. I believe it should be fun and not tedious. It also brings the RP aspect to life, giving its characters more depth and some purpose. I believe in order to create a great community it is important to have crafting. (Just no spamming chat windows with auctions please)

This post was edited by Shyin at June 11, 2019 9:18 AM PDT