Forums » The Summoner

Any word on previously mentioned Summoner changes?

• 4 posts
    June 4, 2019 8:31 PM PDT

Now that I have forum access, I can finally ask the future Summoner community directly!

Back in October, shortly after the Summoner skills were release on the Pantheon site, the first paragraph of the "Under Wraps" section of the newsletter mentioned future Summoner changes, specifically regarding the relationship to their pets that will make tham "cooler". I have lurked here, on Reddit and on various Pantheon communities casually since then and have heard nothing else about the Summoner.

I assume seeing one in a stream in the near future is out of the question, but can any other info be shared on the direction of the Summoner? Are the currenmtly listed skills still relevant?

Thanks for any info.

~Raybart Grayhart

• 248 posts
    June 5, 2019 2:40 AM PDT

I think that they are slowly "showcasing" their classes each month. Recently they "showcased" some of the warrior gameplay in their stream with Cohh, and before that, they also showcased some monk and dire lord gameplay with him as well.  I also know that the released a short video showcasing the shaman and some of its gameplay as well back in 2018 I think. 

From what I have understood from the streams classes are still in various developmental stages. The warrior, for example, is still having work done to some of its animations and still has placeholders in places for some abilities. 

I don't think that it is entirely out of reason to possibly see some of the summoner gameplay soon. As for verification of its spells, they like everything else are still subject to change during development. Pantheon is not currently in a pre-alpha testing phase and even if it was it is still protected by an NDA contract so, testers can't really say anything too detailed beyond a generic statement of "yeah it's coming along nicely"

I think the best way for anyone to get insight into the classes at this point is to buy into a VIP pledge. Testing should be right around the corner seeing as they are in the process of wrapping up Project: Faythale (spelling?). Otherwise, the only way to gain any insight is to wait for a new stream and hope they let something slip about other classes. For example: in the recent stream, Linda who was playing the cleric went into some detail about how celestial power functioned. It was also mentioned that they are working on another form of damage mitigation for tanks in the form of resilience (I believe) which is supposed to act separately from armor class, cooldowns, and natural resistance. 

• 29 posts
    August 19, 2019 10:10 PM PDT

To my knowledge, there was no clarification on what that snippet meant.  Though, honestly, it was something I kind of glossed over, because it didn't seem like a very "big" announcement, and nothing further was said about it, so I assumed it just meant they were changing something to make the pets more engaging, but I don't really know.  Probably will be a change for the better, though.

• 41 posts
    August 22, 2019 6:18 AM PDT

They are changing the summoner.  Now they summon elemental rings.  Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart. 

They can be handed out and if used, they summon an elemental for the player to control.  This allows the Summoner to equip a party of 5 with 5 elementals.

If the summoner was in a party of 5 and summoned one of each element and handed them out, they can combine them to summon Captain Planet.