Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Joshue

• 259 posts
    May 14, 2019 7:49 AM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “ Joshue ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to Joshue from Pantheon Voices of Terminus for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Joshue here:

On Pantheon VOT and Twitch TV

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

I enjoy both aspects. Crafting for when I am just relaxing in the game on my own and adventuring with my group when possible.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

My first major experience was in EQ2. The guild at that point was fairly new, so crafting was a way to up the level of the guild. My wife and I crafted every day and night to help get the guild up and the crafting bug was started. Crafting in EQ2 was fun for us and doing those writs helped the guild. Win-win.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

I would have to say cooking was my favorite. I love creating items that are helpful to the group, guild and raid force. The nice thing about cooking is that the items will always be useful to everyone providing long lasting benefits. Close to cooking would be potion-making.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

Yes and I really hope that they make the crafting and harvesting a deep and meaningful experience. By this I mean that the crafting and tier nodes for harvesting should not become irrelevant by the next expansion. I also hope that the developers figure out a way to make harvesting and crafting a group dynamic creating items and harvesting materials that can only be achieved with a group.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

Very! I feel that crafting should play an important role in the game. However, guilds and groups should play a larger part in the creation of beneficial game-changing items ultimately.