Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting????

• 246 posts
    May 4, 2019 4:30 PM PDT
    So what trades do we know are coming to game?
    What do we hope those do for the game and economy?
    How can these be made relevant in the long run. I started a post on hunger just to get an idea on a couple of those questions for cooking so and thought here and what do we know is going into game other thin cooking.
    • 372 posts
    May 4, 2019 6:36 PM PDT

Found here: https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Pantheon:_Rise_of_the_Fallen_Wiki

Alchemist
    Blacksmith
    Outfitter
    Provisioner
    Scribe
    Stoneworker
    Woodworker

Fishing
    Gathering
    Logging
    Mining
    Skinning
    Salvaging

I hope Provisioner makes food that gives buffs.
    I hope that Woodworker makes arrows for players.

As far as how they affect on the economy, I don't know.  We are lacking a lot of information. Still, you can go through the skills there and see what you think.

• 246 posts
    May 4, 2019 6:42 PM PDT
    Thanks for. The reply I could not for the live of me remember ehat
    • 246 posts
    May 4, 2019 6:43 PM PDT
    I do remember that black Smith's with have 2 different avenue to take one being armor one being weapon smith
    • 470 posts
    May 5, 2019 10:11 AM PDT

I also "think" unless my brain fails me, they said either in a recent stream or something that crafting is now being worked on and we should be getting some extra info on that in the not too distant future.

• 1 posts
    May 5, 2019 12:25 PM PDT

I hope they make fishing more interactive than just waiting for a bobber to drop and clicking on it.

• 5 posts
    May 5, 2019 12:46 PM PDT

FuWei said:

I hope they make fishing more interactive than just waiting for a bobber to drop and clicking on it.

And I also hope it won't be like Black Desert Online where you just AFK fish as well.

• 372 posts
    May 5, 2019 3:30 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

I also "think" unless my brain fails me, they said either in a recent stream or something that crafting is now being worked on and we should be getting some extra info on that in the not too distant future.

I also think I heard this in a video I watched last week. I can't seem to find the video now. Also, as they've gone full elf, they may have put it on hold until project Faerthale is complete.

• 246 posts
    May 5, 2019 8:28 PM PDT
    Yes they have gone all elf but what dose that mean dose that mean there working on a few quest dungon and a major out door area and massive town
    • 372 posts
    May 6, 2019 6:16 AM PDT

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it means they will complete Faerthale (as a playable zone that players will experience first) and then use it as a model for creating the rest of the zones.

• 1785 posts
    May 6, 2019 7:36 AM PDT

That's mostly correct Tigersin.

Project Faerthale is about a few things for the team.  First and most importantly, it's about giving them a piece of content that was created with ALL of the different systems Pantheon is supposed to have in mind.  Climate, Atmospheres, Perception, Disposition, Events, Quests, Gathering, Crafting, etc.  Think of it like the final prototype before starting mass production.  The process of building it allows them to refine their tools, and make sure that everything fits together the way they thought it would when it was all just design docs and ideas on a whiteboard.

Second, it's about taking an area from nothing more than design docs and building it all the way up.  Many of the areas we've seen in streams so far were built a while back and have been getting added to over time.  The challenge with this is that because it was an iterative process, things can be missed from the final experience.  So, Faerthale will allow the team to see what they're missing in those other zones they've been working on, and go back and update them all accordingly.  This also helps their build process and tools - those things evolve, which make the team more efficient moving forward.  They need that efficiency to be able to crank out the amount of content they want the game to have at launch.

Third and finally, it gives them a really fresh experience to put in front of testers and show off in streams, etc.  It's basically going to give them the ability to put a stake in the ground and say "this is the full vision of gameplay for Pantheon" and get feedback on that.  Up until now, they've only been able to get feedback on pieces of that vision.  Now, their testers can see the whole package and give feedback accordingly.

As for crafting, I am fairly confident that PA testers will get a chance to test out crafting when Faerthale is ready.  It will likely be the initial version of the system, and probably there will be things that change as the game moves into alpha/beta, but it's coming, and fairly soon.  I'm not sure how much information the team will release during that early testing - since, if they need to go back and change something big about the system, that might be problematic - but I think everyone should start to hear more about crafting during Alpha if not sooner.

• 246 posts
    May 7, 2019 11:35 AM PDT
    I don't think alpha will be this year I'm expecting no earlier thin 2023 for live game