Forums » The Wizard

Radiate Heat

• 608 posts
    April 18, 2019 12:23 PM PDT

What would warrant this spell existance in our ability slot? Afaik this is only SELF buff, and with the way that mages are (squishy) - there is not much chance for decent dmg with  2-3 hits that mage can take and "reflect" before he dies. Unless this ability do massive ammount of dmg (which i really doubt) or there are plans for some nice spell combo that allows wiz to "tank" some content - the spell sound rather meh. It would however be nice if this would act like aura constantly dmging mobs in proximity - which would put - usually staying in the back line mage - in more danger (open at close range area attacks) , but depleting enemies hp at regular intervals.

• 274 posts
    April 19, 2019 6:55 AM PDT

You're right. It kinda doesnt make sense from anything i've seen other than if you wanted to go back to a newbie zone and aoe burn em down.  

• 2952 posts
    April 19, 2019 11:24 AM PDT

Fast attacking and/or high damage but very low HP "environmental" mobs, like the small spiders that pop out in Halnir that do rapid high damage but have very few HP. 

• 608 posts
    April 19, 2019 12:17 PM PDT

I'd imagine low life environmental mobs to come out at us in packs - which would make aoe spells better option. And if not Frozen Fortress + Shatter the Ice combo would be better as more universal solution for any mob attacking the wizard.

• 274 posts
    April 19, 2019 1:48 PM PDT

Im sure VR has their reasons for putting it in.

• 374 posts
    April 20, 2019 2:32 PM PDT

Perhaps the spell actually radiates heat that is protective of the group in a very cold enviroment; especially in the lower levels of the game before people have built up resistance. Just a thought