Forums » The Shaman

Chase the Wind

• 147 posts
    April 14, 2019 5:07 PM PDT

i wonder if this is the Shaman’s version of the Druid spell ’Black Wolf’s Swiftness’, or just a burst run speed. Anyone know?

• 450 posts
    April 15, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

At this time it reads as a temporary speed boost for the user.

"You summon a gale of wind to propel you forward..."

• 147 posts
    April 15, 2019 10:09 AM PDT
    So Druids have run speed and ports.
    I hope Shaman have something as functional and desirable to offer that enhances our groupability.
    Haven’t seen our full spell list so here’s to waiting and hoping.
    • 2948 posts
    April 15, 2019 2:12 PM PDT

Grayel said: I hope Shaman have something as functional and desirable to offer that enhances our groupability. 

Like a variety of stacking buffs (druid buffs do not stack), including +attack speed and critical hit (for spell and melee) on top of slows for mobs?

• 147 posts
    April 15, 2019 2:16 PM PDT
    Yes, that would do it.
    Interesting that Druid buffs don’t stack.
    • 147 posts
    April 15, 2019 2:21 PM PDT
    Also, how do we tell if a buff is stackable or not?
    • 2948 posts
    April 15, 2019 2:49 PM PDT

Grayel said: Also, how do we tell if a buff is stackable or not?

Trial and error I'd guess. Many across classes likely stack but the druid page specficially says "Only one Trait may be active on your target at a time" for their imbue buffs (the only buffs they have, as far as we know). 

• 673 posts
    April 19, 2019 2:14 AM PDT
    One of each ability/spell on a player is my guess. I hope we can buff ac from cleric, shaman, and druid on one player. Movementspeed stacking from shaman and druid if they stack, I hope there's a cap on it so that if they stack, it's only up to a certain % and not beyond that.
    • 1104 posts
    April 23, 2019 6:41 PM PDT

BamBam said: One of each ability/spell on a player is my guess. I hope we can buff ac from cleric, shaman, and druid on one player. Movementspeed stacking from shaman and druid if they stack, I hope there's a cap on it so that if they stack, it's only up to a certain % and not beyond that.

A bit off topic, but if there is an ability to stack enough AC buffs from different classes to reach a cap, then that would make the DL a competitive raid tank (with presumably enough buffs to reach an AC cap) assuming chain has lower AC than plate and shields add AC (which I think is a safe assumption).  That could allow WAR and PAL to tank without shields too (unless shields allowed a higher AC cap).

• 6 posts
    May 21, 2019 2:47 PM PDT

This does sound like a self leap/short term speed boost. I do hope we get some type of SoW/long duration movement speed buff. Always enjoyed casting buffs on random low level players in EQ

• 450 posts
    May 21, 2019 3:48 PM PDT

"We have Spirit of Wolf (SoW) in-game and have used it in some streams :)"
    -Kilsin

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7292/sow-spirit-of-wolf-amp-soe/view/post_id/148158

This is old and I don't know if it's still in the game. I hope so!

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 21, 2019 3:56 PM PDT
    • 6 posts
    May 22, 2019 12:35 PM PDT

Heck yeah, thanks Tigersin