Forums » The Summoner

Summoner Pets pathing and agro

• 105 posts
    March 31, 2019 9:38 AM PDT

I played as a summoner in EQ for years and one big issue was the pathing of pets and their ability to draw unwanted agro. This became such a hindrence that people would constantly tell magicians to unsommon their pets and magician would always be second runner up to wizards and necros. It was hard for magicians to get groups and raids. I hope this will be adressed. If the pathing for pets becomes difficult add a instant cast ability that lets you summon your pet to you and make it so pets don't agro, until they engage something of course. 

• 147 posts
    April 14, 2019 5:56 AM PDT

Amen to this!  However, it’s 20 years later... I have faith that pathing has improved. 

Cant wait to test this for myself. 

• 158 posts
    May 13, 2019 2:16 AM PDT

I do remember in Lower Guk there used to be a lot of summoner pet aggro issues and always wondering if this was the time a big train would start. Man I miss those days. Pet AI in most games seems to be fine though so I suspect it won't be an issue unless it is intentional ( like a fury haste buff for a pet that gives it a chance to go wild or something ).