Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 49 posts
    April 30, 2024 10:51 AM PDT
    So just my opinion which I guess to some will mean nothing but here goes. The game is not fun. It feels like it lacks a soul or spirit. All the cartoons make me see WoW even the orc models look like WoW. The loot is a meaningless mess just so you can sell for the next spell or ability.

Crafting is logical in some areas like making a leather chest piece but when you try to make a chain chest piece there are missing components to make it. The resources are too sparse. Even on a server in the middle of the night or thats empty I can spend hours searching for ore or flax and find very little. Imagine on release when everyone and their brother is taking resource nodes.

Travel time feels good but I hate the sprint mechanic. It does not belong in an MMO. Even if you do sprint half the time the mobs can still out run you chase you down and murder you. So what's the point again of sprint if it has next to no mechanical value? Climbing is garbage when I go to jump off a little cliff and start climbing down.

Basic utility spells are not in game. Bind and Gate? really we have to use /stuck to go back to bind stones that are not placed in good locations.

10 years and we do not have access to all the classes? really guys? 1 Race available? Its frustrating to see at this point. I played Evercraft Online and it felt better had more classes and abilities than a 10 year development process. Did you accidentally loose your design docs in a trash fire?

Both AVP and the starting area do not feel distinct at all. They are just a series of plateaus with mobs wandering around them.

Speaking of the mobs. We have mobs at level 8 that can one shot the entire party with AOE spells. At level 8. let that sink in. Also the damage shields that can decimate your party and very little utility to interrupt or dispel? If you are going to create tough abilities put in COUNTERS in our toolkit.

Snares seem worthless. Mobs still run away at full speed or close enough to it. Meanwhile we get lowlife and we can barely move.

thats all I can really say right now. The game is not fun. It was something to pass time and ultimately forgettable.
    • 1430 posts
    April 30, 2024 11:26 AM PDT

i can agree with some of your sentiments.  for 10 years of dev time, i figure it be further along, but this might have to do with the size of the team.

for the crafting experience, i think it should be streamlined a bit.  for example, i have to create the base of the leather armor then i can build the leather armor.

i sprinting is fine, but it is useless because well... mobs run u down and they have an extremely long leash range.  i'm also fine with the climbing mechanic, it needs to be refined tho because it is a bit clunky lol

it would be a huge quality of life change if we could have more binding campsites.  i like how we can have portable alchemy at those campsites, why not have more binding stones?  this might be due to alpha testing but eehhh its fine for now i suppose.  this probably needs another look at in the future

i completely agree with 10 years and not having access to all the classes and just 1 race.  the classes is kinda a big disappointment at this stage.  i can kinda understand the 1 race as there's been 2 or 3 shifts in artstyle?  i think this is pretty important but sheesh... gotta lock it innnnn.

as far as fun goes, i'm in the frame of mind that its alpha testing.  being in a research and development job, i totally get it.  the time frame, however, is a concerning.  i would be very dissappointed if things aren't polishing up by the end of this year and moving into beta.

• 27 posts
    May 1, 2024 5:49 AM PDT

(pre-released) dead game.

• 4 posts
    May 4, 2024 6:46 AM PDT

NoJuiceViscosity said:

i completely agree with 10 years and not having access to all the classes and just 1 race.  the classes is kinda a big disappointment at this stage.  i can kinda understand the 1 race as there's been 2 or 3 shifts in artstyle?  i think this is pretty important but sheesh... gotta lock it innnnn.

This is probably the biggest thing tbh.  Especially on the races and character creator.  I know that is all cosmetic and they probably want to get the mechanics in place but I think most of us expected those pieces to be done.  Okay fine, they switched art styles and have to redo armor and animations or whatever--but shouldn't all the classes be ready by now? Not saying final but playable.

That being said, we are where we are--"should have" doesn't matter too much.  Reason I say this is because I can "smell" or "taste" the game I (most of us?) want to play.  It is there--I can feel it.  I was/am skeptical about this seasons approach but I hope it gives them some steam to get this thing out the door.  If they can show us the change in art style benefited their speed of production and stick to this design I think myself and many EQ fans might be happy.  That being said the longer they wait the bigger risk that something like EverCraft comes out and just steals all interest (it is starting to already?).

End of the day I want to play this game and have fun with what is there. I like how the classes give a strong nod to EQ classes and have their own spin.  I like the sense of exploration and the difficulty.  I like playing it with my EQ friends.  I made it to level 7 on my Dire Lord and it was fun--biggest thing I wished i had was some low-level useful drops and ability to pick race I actually want for my DL.  The core is there--show some big jumps with this seasons model and I think they can win some people back.